ForumsSupport ForumDangerous Adventure 2 - Online Save File / Lag issues

2 211
Lavitz10
Lavitz10
2 posts
Shepherd

I am having issues where the online save file only loads properly with Firefox browser, but later stages (for example stage 10) of the game are so laggy with Firefox + Ruffle that the game becomes unplayable, does anyone have a solution to be able to play the later stages of this game?

I have tried to see if I could load my online save file with different browser (Chrome, Opera, Edge and even Pale Moon), but it always stays in the same message of "Loading your game data. Please wait" and it doesn't seem to recognize that I am logged in, given the message under it is "logged in as" with no username.

• 2 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Hi @Lavitz10 All I can say is that Ruffle is a constant work in progress that continues to get better over time. It's not perfect, and likely never will be. Bringing back thousands and thousands of complex games is a challenging task.

We've done the best we can, within the time constraint of testing thousands of games, to only re-enable games that work well... but this doesn't always wind up being the case, or the experience winds up not being flawless. I would go into any Ruffle-based Flash Game with an understanding that it may not be the exact same experience you remember from the true Flash days.

Lavitz10
Lavitz10
2 posts
Shepherd

For what is worth I was able to load the online save files on Chrome / Opera when using Linux instead of Windows 11 as the operating system, so not sure what is preventing it to work properly in my setup.

The lag issue was still present in these other setups, which seem to indicate an issue with Ruffle, I don't think there is not much to be done from Armor Games perspective aside from checking if a more recent version of Ruffle might solve the performance issues in emulation.

Thank you for the response @Tasselfoot, I agree with what you said and thank you for all the hard work!

Showing 1-2 of 2