ForumsWEPRDuck and Cover

9 2981
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This video is a link to an educational film shown in schools whenever nuclear bombs were just becoming a reality.
It was a film taken very seriously way back then. Today this film is nothing more than a joke. If there is ever a nuclear bomb that is dropped, your dead. You can duck and cover if it makes you feel better... but your still dead.

Duck and Cover.

Here is another video. This is one reason why Military Intelligence is nothing more than an oxymoron. An atom bomb kills everything within its blast radius by dissentigrating them, everything outside the blast radius that is not destroyed by the combination of shock, heat, and force; are doomed from nuclear radiation.

This next link will show some basic training soldiers went through. They were trained to go into an area were an Atom Bomb was dropped and mark all the contaminated areas. They wore a mechanicle instrument that told each soldier how much radiation was around them. What the soldiers did not know was that they were getting radiation poisoning even when the instrument said there was little radiation around.

Soldiers trained to walk into radiated feilds

Dum dum
Didle dum dum
Didle dum dum
Didle dum dum

There was a turtle by the name of Burt,
and Burt the turtle was very alert.
When danger threatened him he never got hurt,
he knew just what to do!

He ducked and covered.
He ducked and covered.

He did what we must all learn to do,
You, and you, and you, and you!

Duck and Cover!

• 9 Replies
Jalex
Jalex
23 posts
Nomad

I sm sorry but what is the point of this thread. I saw the movies and yes, they were funny but what is the point of this.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

wow that's kinda pathetic i hope it works so anytime i get hit by a bomb i'm safe

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Jalex, you do understand that we are chatting in forums. Forums are used to share ideas and talk about past and current events.

Also the first video is 10 minutes long and the 2nd one is 30 minutes long. This thread has been up for only 3 minuted before you posted. As it seems you have only 13 posts, I can already tell you that you have no idea what your talking about. Don't act smart when you don't even have a point yourself.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

The point? The point is probably to show that this could happen at any minute! The US could possibly be threatened by this right now because of Iran and other countries that have shown an increase in Nuclear Bomb material.

@MsterX, this isn't fro if you are hit by a bomb. It is for the shock of a bomb.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

The point of this thread is to demonstrate how we play with some very very dangerous tools without the foggiest as to their significance.

Well, not entirely true. Those who created the means knew precisely the significance, hence the united charter of scientists for peace. But when it comes to marketing a fond disregard for death in the form of corny but catchy jingles...the military apparently has the most advanced of modern market researchers beat xD

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

NoNameC68 said:

As it seems you have only 13 posts, I can already tell you that you have no idea what your talking about.

I think this ought to be clarified- you do mean in terms of forum dynamics, not general content, right?
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Hey yeah, What exactly is this about?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Read above....

Haha, i did laugh at that terrible acting, but I thought it fit for that time period. (For the first video)

The US was in danger of being bombed, so I guess this was a good idea at the time. Also they might just be a bit paranoid o.O

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I meant in forum dynamics. It just bothers me when people act like I have no point when it is in front of their faces. I don't like to explain every small detail out for people, I like to let them see and hear things for themselves.

Showing 1-9 of 9