ForumsPopular MediaSpread the Music

4 2595
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Everybody listens to music. There are many different types of music. I have created this thread so that we may spread music and share in the diversity of it all. It is simple, you listen to the previous 3 songs, for each song you shall write a short review.

Explain what you like about the song and tell us if its a song you like or if its a song you have never heard before. Be polite, if someone posts a song you do not like then politely say that you are not the biggest fan of the song. If you are not a fan of the type of music, then you can say so but still try to keep your comments about the song positive.

After you review the previous 3 songs, you need to find a song and post a link to a website playing that song (youtube is usualy a good site.) You can talk a little bit about why you chose that song if you would like.

Then the next person has to review the previous 3 songs and post a link and so on and so on. This is not a competition, we are not trying to choose which song we like best, instead, the goal is to share music and expand your tastes in music and knowlage.
Remember to be polite.

<-*-><-*-><-*->

I shall post the first song.

Blackbird by: The Beatles

I am a huge fan of The Beatles, Everybody knows a song or two by them. Blackbird is one of the more mellow songs written by McCartney and it is a great acoustic song. It apears in The White Album, the last album that The Beatles came out with.

• 4 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Ahh, The Beatles. I'm glad to see that people still listen to them, in this day and age. Blackbird isn't my favorite song, but it's still a classic.

This song was composed by one of my friends off of the NG audio portal. His work was being zero-bombed and he removed everything from NG, but I have an alternate link to one of his songs here:

Rising Shadows, by YourMentalDisorder.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Blackbird is always a good song to listen to when your feeling down. There are many better songs by the Beatles but I decided to post something a little less popular that was written by them.

I realy enjoyed Rising Shadows, it has great sounds of classical instruments and it had a fantastic feeling that went along with it. The mood of the music was quite strong.

This song is a well known song, which it is even more fun when you share new music that not everyone knows about, but I feel that after all the G. W. Bush threads and war threads that have been coming around lately that this song should prove apropriate.

War Pigs by: Black Sabbath

god_of_classic_rock
god_of_classic_rock
299 posts
Nomad

Black Sabbath is a good band, but not my favorite band

This song is one big solo and my favorite solo too...

Eruption - Eddie Van Halen

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

I love that solo its really cool!

Its a nice acoustic song. Not the best song but i like it.
Going To California-Led Zeppelin
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/mahta.png
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1724/jikekcopyve3.pngJoin the Sig Strikers!

Showing 1-4 of 4