ForumsSupport ForumThis Is Spam, You're In The Wrong Section

8 2122
Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

I justify this thread in this section because it is (loosely) a "suggestion" and "supports" non-moronic thinking.

With 127 views, it is obvious that not enough people have read THIS thread.

Recently I saw a thread: "the stupid clubs and their names".

Now, anyone with a brain is going to think "Ok, this is spam, it should be locked." But it takes a special kind of brain to actually post that thought. Please tell me how hard it is to understand that posting "this is spam"...is the REAL spam.

This particular thread is an even more outrageous example. Four times in that thread it was either requested that the thread be locked or stated that it will eventually be locked. I am curious, are treasure maps INSIDE the treasure chests nowadays? Unless they are, I don't understand how posting "Please lock this thread" makes sense because as soon as the moderators read your polite request it is about 3 seconds too late. They've found the treasure chest, a lot of good that map is.

Not only that, but since when were our moderators stupid? How many times have mods came to you and asked "Do you think this thread should be locked? I'm not sure. Help!"? Thankfully they are independently thinking creatures that have been gifted with reason and intelligence. Boy, we've sure been having some convenient coincidences, it is almost like they were picked for a reason. No...that would never happen. It is blasphemous to even think it.

Someone said:

im not even going to respond to this noob.

Yes... I am not making that statement up. You do know that everytime a hypocritical, idiotic statement is uttered, one puppy dies? So...if my calculations are correct, that post just killed 14 puppies.

"You are in the wrong section!"

People post in the wrong section all the time, rarely by accident. Fortunately it seems most of our users also go by the name "Captain Obvious".

"The magical forum fairy needs your help, Captain Obvious! Post "Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk" as many times as you can! Each time you say it the Forum Fairy gets stronger and stronger. If you say it enough, she'll have enough power to MOVE THE THREAD! Say it with me "Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk Wrong Forum!l1onelmaojkjk". "It's working! Louder, louder!"

Now for the obvious solutions.

Don't post.

End of solutions.

"Wait, Eyes, it can't be that simple. You HAVE to post, everyone else is!"

Good news: It is that simple.
Bad news: "everyone else" are morons

Just don't post in a spam topic. If it is in the wrong forum and it wouldn't be spam if it was in the right forum, go ahead and add something constructive. The second you say "Wrong Forum", you loose all credit has a human being.

Our mods aren't blind or stupid. They will find the thread eventually and they will deal with it (and they don't need you to explain HOW to deal with it, sorry). Even if they never see it, by not posting in it, it will sink to the bottom of the page. Then page 2, then page 3...Good as locked.

Mods: Humor me. Let me see the responses.

Everyone else: The next time you see spam, please, think of the puppies.
  • 8 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Lol exactly!(i used to do this, i just leave the topic alone....sometimes....) Its annoying when you see sveral people going

"lock plis"
"OMG lock this already"
"??? lock?"

WHen its pretty much spamming, when somebody says something and 50 other peopel repeat it thinking they are smart. The funny thing is the topic doesn't get locked
:P

Its up to the mods to decide if its a lock or not, they don't need a command to lock a topic lol.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I just laughed really really really hard, and I think this thread might have just made my night.

Yes, thank you, for reiterating that backseat modding just makes people angry. If there is something you can add to help the thread (like a link to where it should be posted, or a quick answer to a question that should have been answered by the author just *READING*) then that is fine. 14 people afterwards saying "lock this" just makes me delete all the spam at the end of the thread after it is locked.

If you feel the need to tell someone to lock a thread, post it on our page, and it'll be dealt with; but don't spam.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I hate it when people just say "this is spam! lock!" and there's already like 5 replys -.-
I see them as wanting the AP and to try to look good to everybody.
In other words Tattletalers.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Wait, not all are tattletalers most are just

"everyone else" are morons >
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I think this should be stickied.

Hahaha I love myself.

Nope nothing here.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i think this should be thumbtacked (or whatever the hell it is)

now five to seven people should come here and reiterate that sentiment. only then can irony be achieved.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

OmG!! I totaly agreee with allt he ppls !!22

modz plz stikci this or sumthin

i allso dont got nothin toadd

Ironic enough?

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant