ForumsSupport ForumRules

11 3263
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Is it just me or do half the forum community not read the forum rules

A direct quote from the rules

The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!

I forgot what i was goign to say, i accidently refreshed while making my topic lol. anyway...... it looks like about 40% of the posters don't know what the rules are or havent read them at all. Rules seem to be reinforced quite badly aorund here then before (sorry mods)just get to the deleting! Youve read this right?

Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.

Next thing:

Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban.

Raise you hand if youve seen poepl break this rule
(not in the temp ban glitch forum) These peopel are here for days probably even a week or so without getting rid of again. Well i know you mods are trying but theres something more to take care of.

Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.

HOW WUD U LIEK IT IF I POSTED LIEK DIS WIF BAD GRAMMARS TOO?

Do not copy or plagiarize comments.

This is on the rules list like its not a big deal, but it is. Look here for more info

Another thing is, thing is its jsut not the rules, its the stickies, nobody reads them. My suggestion is:

That an unread sticky should appear highlighted or something to tell you that you should read it.

Yaya, NONO?

ALso i think the following rules should be added to the rules list,

- Do not make topics about certain people, if you have a problem contact a mod, don't make a whole topic.
- Do not make duplicate topics or post, once a point is said, its isn't needed to be said again.
- DO not make a topic without reading the stickies.

Lol thats all i can think of, I don't really care if this gets locked, im jsut tryign to prove a point, if you agree or disagree, post your thoughts and opinions here.
  • 11 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

It is true that the rules do not get read. I really like idea of the Newbie board. That way we can move those type of stickies there and I agree that a rules sticky would be the best. So, we should wait til we get that new board.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, that'd help so many people if they are new and have absolutely NO idea what they are doing. And yes, a LOT of people unfortunately don't read those Rules... I did, it only took me 10 minutes, why can't others?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Its not just the newbies, its those high ranked people who are mostly games rated and comments(don't look at me i almost have 2000 forum posts) that have a low amoutn of forum posts that don't seem to know anything about the forums. KoG didn't know how to bold a post correctly until a few weeks ago.

The_Big_Dude
The_Big_Dude
13 posts
Nomad

Ya i think thats a great idea because i still dont know how to do a lot of stuff so that would help me and a lot of other people i think too.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

That's a good point you made Plokkey. I just started frequenting the forums, so I know a lot, but not everything. I am sure even you, plokkey, learn something about the forums everyday. Am I correct?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea i do i learn that nobody uses the forums much anymore.....

Well not really, but a few times a week good info stored in here.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, a lot of people are just turning into AP maniacs and such. I'd hate to see this place go down the drain because of spammers...

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well I neraly have 1,500 posts I read the forum rules as soon as I learned the forum rules!(before I thought posting to John was a forum post)and yea I agree with Jeff I think we should have plenty of users who have join in late Feburary and before to have over 1,000 posts!Only very little do theres Asherlee,Carlie,Plokkey,Strop,Me,Ubertuna and Turret and I think thats it!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I won't lie, many users have ruined the fun in going to the forums. I am tired of everything having to be a competition or about someone trying to attract as much attention to themselves as possible. Tired of the "This vs. Thats", "Who's better?", "Who's worse?", "Join my new club", and all the people trying to advertise that Sig Strikers Club. Sigs are not fun when you post links all around them and everyone tells you to join the Sig Strikers... they are as anoying as telimarketers. Let the sig be a sig, not an advertisement!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea I totally agree with NoName!

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

I have been a proud member of armor games for two days now and completely loving it, i can completely agree with what you are saying in this bulletin, some people need to recognize that these rules should not be disobeyed, after all, they aren't that hard to follow in the first place, its not difficult to use correct grammar, correct punctuation, and correct capitalization.

Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points.[i]

I have seen people doing this (sorry if i didn't get the italic thing right i haven't exactly figured out how everything on here works) and it is very annoying because there are people seeking help with things on here and these random people just post some spam and leave the chat and it even makes me feel bad for the person making that post sometimes, no-one likes a spammer don't worry though mods and admins, I'm doing my best job flagging these types of comments to make your job easier on you =) (I flagged about ten yesterday.)(Yes I try to keep count haha.) Thank you for this post Plokkey I'm glad that you are also aware of Armor Games rules and i appreciate you posting them so everyone can use them as a reminder to not do bad posts, it's not that difficult all you have to do is actually play the game/read the post and write a good review and its onto the next one. Thanks again Plokkey for posting this. Have a good morning everyone =).

Showing 1-11 of 11