ForumsThe TavernThe sig strikers and their club.....

29 3412
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

This is just my opinion but.... I think that the sig strikers have to stop. They get credit for spam by their little club! If you haven't noticed many of the sig strikers are spammers and their comments are only like three or four words long and can be offensive. then how ever nobody notices because their sig makes the comment look really long.

If anyone is offended by this mesage I am truly truly truly sorry. I did not mean to hurt any bodies feelings, I am just expressing my opinion.

What are you views?

• 29 Replies
WolfSoulKatana
WolfSoulKatana
26 posts
Nomad

Ah, I see. So you think their adding the sigs just to let their comments be shorter and look like their making it longer...? Is that what your trying to tell us?

1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

we're trying to make a point, not trying to spam

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2005/smallmalf2zq9.png
Join the Sig Strikers

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

you're not TRYING to spam.

:8 D

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

YOu just spammed... LOL! three word comments are spam

1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

than how long does it have to be to not be spam

Join the Sig Strikers

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

more than 7 words. so yeah. also it has to be on topic not off. if it is mean off topic or short or a repeated message it is spam.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

you're not TRYING to spam.

:8 D

against having a regular comment i think.

those are much more than seven words aren't they?
1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

ok, this is not spam any more

Join the Sig Strikers

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

well... everyone spams sometimes. It's an old habit, cause I used to be a spammer.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I just find the stupid picture annoying. Reminds me of real forums. Stop acting like kids and just stop annoying everyone. Grow up. :/

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

I truthfully don't find it too be that bad of a problem. I don't think just because some of the members spam that the entire club should be forced to end. If just certain members are spamming, than killing the club won't stop that member. I think if a member spams, it shouldn't be traced back to the club they are in, unless the leaders are promoting the spam.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Spam isn't just about length. It needs to also be topic relevant, and have something constructive to add to the conversation. You cannot get this out of such short comments.

Also, I do not believe it is a problem with the Sig Strikers alone. I think is is certain members within the Sig Strikers who spam. But I don't think this is the groups fault. Just members who do not know, or care, to follow the rules. Please report these individual members for spamming to a moderator, instead of making a topic about it. Topics attacking a specific person or group are discouraged in the community. So please, if you have a problem with a person or group, contact a moderator.

Thanks, I will be locking this now.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

What I'm saying is that many people don't notice that they are spamming because the sigs are covering a large area so even if they only write one word the comment could in fact look very very long! All I'm saying is that maybe the dimensions of the sig should be smaller. That way they might not get away with as much spam.. if they spam. The sigs are also very obnoxious and distracting to many of the users. Making the sigs smaller would get rid of this problem as well.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

I think I speak for all my members with this statment.

Time for the leader to step in...
Ok first rule of armorgames.

- No flaming, badgering, spamming, or trolling.

Flaming is dissing on people which is exactly what this threaad is, there for it should be locked.

Moderators have approved twice if not three times that sigs are ok, and if the people of AG wish to use them they can.

The Sig Strikers is "striking" to get sigs be put in automatically. I have stated in our rules that if any members see that someone is breaking the rules of AG just to get there sig out they will be reported and kicked out.

Lastly, sigs are not spam, they are a creative way of getting our ideas out. If you don't like my club don't join it. If it was spam I would probably be banned along with my members, but I have made friends with over 10 people of this club and have promoted the idea that sigs should be an automatic thing.

Now without further ado let me post my sig,
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/mahta.png
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1724/jikekcopyve3.pngJoin the Sig Strikers!

Showing 16-29 of 29