ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion System

6 2098
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Now I am thinking of a suggestion system. I am thinking of this cause of Amazon, I pick a book and for ever book it says people who bought this also bought and so.

Idea #1

But what I think is that for registered users. Lets say for everyone who votes over 7 or 8 it checks all the games they also rated over 7 or 8. Lets say 60% of people who played this enjoyed another game and gave it a 7 or 8. It suggests the player if he likes this game, 60% of others like "this one" or whatever. Thats one way.

Better but harder idea #2

The more complicated and cooler way that would make this site super sick would be the genome project way. Every game you can choose whether or not you like it. And each game would have a list of things, huge list lets say, not something you personally see but something in the background a mod does before posting the game. It would be a huge list. Violent, length of game, style, difficulty, popularity, loudness, originality, pace of game. And after a while you could start seeing a pattern. Like User 1 seems to enjoy slower paced games with soft sounds and lots of violence. And it goes through the games and sees which games sortoff fit said description and goes through with it.

I could go on with how to work this idea for a while but I am lazy. Hope you get the point. I know this would be an incredibly hard endeavor to do properly but you know this would become insanely popular if you did the latter idea. Would be amazing. Sure it's a lot of work but over time it could be amazing. But you would for sure need a crew of people working on this.

And please I don't want to hear OMG THIS IS A REPOST or ANOTHER SITE did it. I haven't done an all out search of all sites ever so I don't know. Sorry for wasting your time if this is done with another gaming site. I am out!

• 6 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You ruined my title. Just read over this also and seems I have alot of spelling mistakes and I ramble a bit. Sorry.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Posting so this goes back on front page. Don't think anyone saw it!

Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

I just read idea 1 I think that is good and I really like it!

Megadan
Megadan
19 posts
Nomad

I have a sugestion! We could create an ,,Mega Game`` in wich all members of Armor games will play on-line. I don`t think it will work on this site, so we could make another special for that game!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just posting so this comes back to the top. I like this idea.

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

yeah man good thinking.

Showing 1-6 of 6