Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Can twinkys survive a nuke blast?

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 13, '08 at 1:26pm

Skidzy

Skidzy

36 posts

interesting. they might survive the radiation, but i doint think they woudl survive withing half a mile of the nuke going off

Posted Mar 13, '08 at 1:35pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

3,066 posts

This is one of those "Tree in a forest" questions. If you're close enough to the blast center of a nuclear explosion that all other food had been obliterated or has otherwise spoiled, then I would think you'd be dead.
I was just trying to look up the shelf life of a twinkie, though and it looks like it's quite a long time.

Posted Mar 14, '08 at 3:24am

Skidzy

Skidzy

36 posts

i breckon they would be extremely damaged by the radiation anyway. they might survive the initial blast, but propably wont survive long after.

Posted Mar 14, '08 at 12:06pm

ericrwalk90

ericrwalk90

7 posts

i doubt they can, depending on how close they are.

Posted Mar 15, '08 at 12:58pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Im sure if the twinkie actually survived, that I would touch it with a 10 foot pole. It could blow up at any second!

Posted Mar 15, '08 at 9:48pm

EequalsMC2

EequalsMC2

10 posts

Yes, if it has sunblock on...Sunblock SPF 3,527,377.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 6:16pm

ciscokid

ciscokid

75 posts

Wait wasn't this topic from a family guy episode were the USA is nuked and the griffins live and start a colony living of a twinky factory

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 6:31pm

Kererr

Kererr

140 posts

[quote=Carlie]
I had a teacher who had the same Twinkie in his classroom for over 8 years. And it looked like it had just come out of the wrapper. They are incredibly unnatural, and if anything can survive a nuclear explosion, it probably would be the Twinkies.[/quote]

Agreed.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 6:37pm

GreatestSoloEver

GreatestSoloEver

1,444 posts

If you knew what a nuke was you wouldnt even ask that question. One nuke can destroy japan. No it cant