ForumsThe TavernEducate AG a bit about Canada?

13 2564
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So, I suggest that since some of ArmorGames is secretly populated by a few Canadians, I think that AG should promote more canadian things, because Canada is an important part of AG whether you know it or not. And to help do so I suggest we spread the word about Canada to all the Americans who don't know much. Here is a little list of things. I hope people support my cause and suggest other ways to bring out the truth about Canada to AG!
(I am Canadian, yes)

We say eh. We just don't notice it.

for example:
"It's nice day, eh?"

There is no long pause between day and eh, its smooth. Doesn't stick out. It's almost similar to the American huh. The best way to describe 'eh' is a need for acknowledgment. You say eh when you want someone to acknowledge what you just said it correct.

It's a nice day, eh?
SURE IS!

^^^mission accomplished^^^

We do not ride Bears

We only ride polar bears. You need to get the difference straight. It is always -100 degrees celcius and farenheit at the same time in Canada so Polar Bears are our only source of transportation.

It is always cold

No matter what you see or hear. It is cold. If you come to Canada and there isn't 10 feet of snow. Then you aren't in Canada, or it's a ploy by our more clever Canadians who are of course actually immigrant from the US because we just can't handle tricks.

We don't say aboot

We don't say about either. It's actually Aboat.

Poutine? Hell yes!

Contrary to popular belief Maple Syrup is not our favourite food. It is only second to Poutine. Originating from Quebec, a mix of gravy, cheese curds, and children.

We all wear tuques

What might seem like a tuck is just Canada's clever way of evolution, as it is always -100 our heads have evolved to grow tuques. Mainly with the Montreal Canadians logo on it. The odd person will have a Toronto Maple Leafs head, but they are quickly deported to out exile town, Toronto.

Asians in Vancouver?

We don't see any.

Holy crud you have internet, new eletronics and new video games in canada?
No, everything I have is stolen from the US.

Dunkin Donuts

We have them. They are just cleverly disguised as Tim Hortons.

Our health care?

We wait 10 hours minimum in line(new policy by Stephen Harper) at hospitals, pay 100 thousand dollars in taxes a month and it's the most evillest system ever. Grr.

Well hope you know more about Canada now.
I am off to bed.
G'night.

• 13 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I'm Canadian!! your a canadian too, arent you? nice little puns on what people think its like here lol.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Puns? What puns this is what Canada is like.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

lol this is really funny I never assumed any of this stuff but good Idea about informing just the other day a friend of mind called it canadia
lol

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

That wasn't even funny it was just stupid. I sorry but I don't think you are Canadian.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Ehh, Timegoesby, he's joking. I'm canadian, and I know this ain't true.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Well that somewhat made me laugh cause I am canadian

Yeah canadians rock eh? And thank god for poutine,and for the fact you don't live in canada:P

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

Yeah I know he was joking, that's what made me gess if he was Canadian. Plus this doesn't even fit in this section of the forms. It should be in the tavern.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

i didn't know you were canadian too, ialwayswin. And timegoesby, hes suggesting we educate AG, and I thought it was funny myself.

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

I'm Canadian and half is true and half isn't. LoL

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I'm not Canadian but this is pretty funny.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, I'm half-Canadian, not exactly born in Canada.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

the nicest people I have ever met lived in canada. I went to niagra falls to gamble and drink and we drove to some of the local bars. Everyone was friendly offering advise and teaching us about different things. I like canada and i'm planning another trip there sometime in the near future. loonies and toonies eh!

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Hah, we really love tourists her in Canada, or at least in this little town I live in, 'cause in my town, everyone knows eachother, and it's great to meet new people. Also, sometimes they do impersonations of Canadians when they first get here, and that's always funny if their facts isn't straight. ("I'm aBOOT the Canadianest guy in Canadia, EH?&quot

Showing 1-13 of 13