ForumsSupport ForumA Mods Job

30 4892
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Well my current aim in life is to become a mod but first I would like a mod(or Admin) to give the duties of a Mod. I am also looking for opinions from a mod about the job of a mod. What do you like/dislike about being a mod.

All information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 30 Replies
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I think its quite obvious thats not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a mods or admins view on what its like to be a mod. I would prefer if people would not post spam no matter how halarious they think they are being.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i have an intimate relationship with several of the mods. i can hip you to the life of one...

as a mod you have to wake up around 5:30 GMT time (12:30 am eastern) and train for three hours. training consists of flash programming, typing, comment deleting and fencing.

around 8:30 GMT you have a half hour for breakfast and a shower, then its straight to the boards where you clean up spam for several hours with the only joys being the occasional flame war and playing thing thing arena.

the hardest part of being a mod is when you go home at night. to a family that no longer sees you as young and vital. in a mere day or two the life has been sucked out of you. you look longingly into what was once the eyes of your true love, not its the eyes of someone you hardly know. someone whose habits are foreign to you. thats when you realize... you're in the wrong house.

being a mod can really -f- with your head. i heard a rumor calm spent his first three weeks of mod-hood living in his car wearing a tinfoil cap for fear of Dan sending a signal to his brain and turning him into a human puppet.

but once you become a mod... you're a mod for life...

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

Oh Gawd Idea Man, very funny.....
As for you becoming a mod, this blatantly is asking to become a mod...or to have a mod pitty you and make you a mod, it's not hard all you do is delete spam, and clean the forums up...

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Two points.

1. I am not asking to be a mod, I want to earn my place as a Mod as fair as all others did.

2. I posted this because I was not 100% on what a Mod had to do and I want an opinion from a mod about being a mod.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

no. that was really only marginal. i didnt commit to it. ask another question at some point and i promise, ill field that one with fervor.

if you only want the mods to answer, why didnt you just pm one of them?

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I already did however I got no response. I'm going to see if any are online now and see if they'll respond to me.

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

*Cough* Just Pm one, that would make it go a lot faster and you know...get you a direct answer?

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Hahaha, real funny idea_man!!! And stickjesus, it doesnt look like a Mod or Admin is answering.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

and stickjesus idea_mans respons was absolutly hillarious

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Yeah,most people that become mods don't really mention that they want to become mods.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah,most people that become mods don't really mention that they want to become mods

Yeah, that actually reduced your chances of being a mod. personally, if i ever wanted to be a mod, i just wouldnt mention it, and make good topics that get stickied. Making topics in like tavern or something listing the popular topics usually get noticed by mods and stickied. and it shows you care about the AG community. (very important factor mods look at when deciding new mods)
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

There is a sticky topic about this. But to tell you the truth Idea_Man isn't that far off. It is a grueling job. Why do you WANT to become one?

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Well I want to become a mod because I love Armorgames and like the idea that people can comfortably come to me for help on here when they need it. I also think there aren't enough mods. The spammers and flamers on this site aren't being dealt with as quickly as they should be.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

There are more than enough moderators.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

because this conversation has never taken place before.

Showing 1-15 of 30