ForumsSupport ForumA Mods Job

30 4895
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Well my current aim in life is to become a mod but first I would like a mod(or Admin) to give the duties of a Mod. I am also looking for opinions from a mod about the job of a mod. What do you like/dislike about being a mod.

All information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 30 Replies
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

There are more than enough moderators.

I disagree. There's usually only 1 or 2 mods on at a time which is only enough to take care of the forums but not enough to take care of the messages to people directly. I've seen situations where there has been a flamer on for a couple of hours after they've been flagged by alot of people. Thy need to be dealt with faster than that.
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I know that but what I'm saying is is hat the "dead zone" can be avoided by having more mods. 9 isn't enough to control the 110,000 users.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

There are eight actual mods and a community admin. For a grand total of nine people that wander the forums and game comments.

Regardless of how many mods we have, there is bound to be some area of time I call the "Dead Zone." Mods are people too, which means we all have to sleep, eat, bathe and do things outside of AG in general. Short of mandatory shifts for each mod to be on, there is always going to be a short amount of time with no mods. That is the way of the forum.

In fact, we are very lucky to have such a responsive and active mod team here. Most other sites are not nearly as responsive to problems and involved with the members. /egostroke

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

There are plenty of mods but there could be more,like you said there are only two on at a time. With that though,we only need two at a time as people often complain about not getting merits well 1) If people talked about how much they did get merits,there would be a lot more positive reviews. 2)If your someone who does things for the sake of merits of even just becoming a mod,instead of the intentions of helping the community,well that probably won't help you become a mod.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

You have to realize that out of those 110,000, there are really only a small number of very active(if active at all) members.

If we were not doing our darndest to keep the forums and such clean, you would notice. A few months ago things were a lot worse than what the current situation is. As it is everything is being kept under control very well.

Hell, we could have 30 mods and everything still would not be perfect. That is simply how forums are. And even with 30 there still would be a dead zone. Sleep, food and jobs are rather nice to have. XD

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I am not downsizing the mods or how well the forums are kept, I am saying that the people who are flaming and spamming on peoples profiles aren't being dealt with quick enough (even when flagged many times) and having more mods would help with that.

I would like to emphasize that I think the frums are well run and the mo do a good job.

chris7271
chris7271
32 posts
Nomad

i agree that there should be more mods so that there will at least be some active all the time

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I have been an avid forum goer for 11 years. Yes that is a decade plus 1. I have never in those 11 years seen a forum, plus the comment, and etc so well organized, clean, minimal spam, and active moderators like this one.

Yes, there is ALWAYS room for improvement, but you are being ridiculous. We do not need more moderators. We are running sound and smoothly like is.

This community is the best there is. Period.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

This community is the best there is. Period.

Exactly! I haven't seen anything more organized than AG is! I also believe that we don't need any more Moderators as of now, so Stickjesus, I'd just wait a little while.
xTrylanx
xTrylanx
39 posts
Nomad

All i want on AG is play games, have fun, chat in forum and hopefully one day i will get that golden crown hat xD

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Women want to have sex with you if you are a mod. All of them. Always. If you are a women then better hope you are a lesbian.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

AMEN! To that!

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Women want to have sex with you if you are a mod.

Wow, you crack me up every time!
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

But a point I would like to bring up, Stick. How is this you NOT asking to be a moderator?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Kind of screwed yourself there didn't you. Shhwaaaang(sound of being denied mod, copyright)

Showing 16-30 of 30