ForumsSupport ForumPROBLEMS

6 1924
freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

ok i havea HUGE list of problems with stuff so bear with me,

1.fist off my biggest problem is the fourms this is what i think if a topic is more than 20 pages long it should aoutomaticly start a new topic fourm with the same topic, the same name exept with continued after it (for example if the first part was called &quotroblems the second one should be called problems cont.) and the creators orrigonal messege. because after about 20 pages the people stop looking at most of the pages, they look at the first and last pages.

2.ok next is merrits, in order to get a merit
you have to have and i quout "1) Perfect or near perfect grammar. Remember to use capitalization and proper spelling" as you have seen i have horible handwriting but in contrast i am in the most advanced class at my school and get strate A's. so if i meat all of the standerds for a merrit but have horrible hand writhing i wont ge a merit??
thats not cool

2b. "5) Contains constructive criticism of the game. Tell us the changes that you would make to the game, and why. What do you approve of? What don't you like?"

so you want us to wtie constructive critisium im fine with that BUT if i write a commet that goes like this "the game was very well made, the graphis were very good. i liked the game play it was very chalinging...ect." and my friend writes " that game was SOOOOO GOOD THE CREATOR IS SOOO COOL. the grapics were sweeeet. but dang the game was hard i maen it took me an hour to pass lev 19... ect." which one should get a merit ithink bouth shoul they bouth offer creative critisum exept the first one sounds like a stuck up rich boy and the second one sounds like the averege californa dude(yes i am from californa we rock).

those are my promblems for now if i havemore ill start a new post. messege me on my profile if you want to question me.

• 6 Replies
Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Er--

freaco is a 25 year old

That is what it says on your profile. Sorry, but you don't seem 25 (because of all the gramatical and spelling errors).

so if i meat all of the standerds for a merrit but have horrible hand writhing i wont ge a merit??

Hand writting has nothing to do with this (as hand writting usually refers to the visual legibility of one's written words). Typing correctly (grammar/spelling) does. What's the use of saying something important if other people can't easily understand it?

which one should get a merit ithink bouth shoul they bouth offer creative critisum

"Constructive criticism" isn't "the game had good/bad graphics", it is "the game play was/wasn't fun because...". So if the comments follow all the rules but don't add anything constructive, they don't deserve a merit.

As moderators have said, merits aren't supposed to be easy to get. They are reserved for those comments that are perfect or near perfect.
WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

I think that the people that made the site made the rules and the rules are good, in my opinion. Is it too much to ask for proper english? Is it REALLY that hard? Come on, man. Just use that brain you claim to have and look intelligent.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

1.fist off my biggest problem is the fourms this is what i think if a topic is more than 20 pages long it should aoutomaticly start a new topic fourm with the same topic, the same name exept with continued after it (for example if the first part was called &quotroblems the second one should be called problems cont.) and the creators orrigonal messege. because after about 20 pages the people stop looking at most of the pages, they look at the first and last pages.

I don't think it matters how long the topic is. Most people do not look at the first page, regardless. The advantage of keeping it on the same topic, is that it makes things easier to reference back to. Everything is kept in one spot, so that you don't have the problem of losing the first half of the topic .

2.ok next is merrits, in order to get a merit
you have to have and i quout "1) Perfect or near perfect grammar. Remember to use capitalization and proper spelling" as you have seen i have horible handwriting but in contrast i am in the most advanced class at my school and get strate A's. so if i meat all of the standerds for a merrit but have horrible hand writhing i wont ge a merit??
thats not cool

Yes, these are our standards. I recommend that you write your reviews in a word processor, which checks grammar and spelling.

2b. "5) Contains constructive criticism of the game. Tell us the changes that you would make to the game, and why. What do you approve of? What don't you like?"
so you want us to wtie constructive critisium im fine with that BUT if i write a commet that goes like this "the game was very well made, the graphis were very good. i liked the game play it was very chalinging...ect." and my friend writes " that game was SOOOOO GOOD THE CREATOR IS SOOO COOL. the grapics were sweeeet. but dang the game was hard i maen it took me an hour to pass lev 19... ect." which one should get a merit ithink bouth shoul they bouth offer creative critisum exept the first one sounds like a stuck up rich boy and the second one sounds like the averege californa dude(yes i am from californa we rock).

I am from California as well, and no, not all Californians talk like that. If you are inferring that the average Californian cannot use proper grammar to write a review, I have to disagree. Regardless of where someone is from, they have the same capability to write a good and grammatically correct review. The first one sounds as if it comes from an intelligent and competent writer, not a stuck up person. Just because someone writes well, does not mean that they are stuck up.

Every comment is reviewed upon the same standards, and this makes the system fair. It would not be fair to those who put the extra effort into making their comments abide by the rules. Merits are very hard to get. They aren't supposed to be easy to write or receive.
freaco
freaco
45 posts
Nomad

im not 25 read my profile im 14

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

1.Yes well whenever I post I always look at the first page before I post and I don't care about the amount of pages!I just look at the front and last whats the point of looking in the middle?

2.Yes use perfect grammar I have 48 merits but its quite hard to get them and remeber to type perfect reviews.

2B.Yes there suppposed to be hard to get,they are worth 25AP sure its not so often that you get 25AP for writing a comment I have 1200AP from merits alone.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

i think everything id fine just the way it is. its a great site with a great community that IS and will ALWAYS be a supportive helping open community. i'm new to it but so far its great. lots of helpful cool people.

Showing 1-6 of 6