ForumsSupport ForumRemove the Current Leaderboard

14 2789
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Occasionally from time to time, i check out the leaderboards and I have noticed many Problems.

1)The leaderboard is glitchy and probably nobody knows how it works

2)Peopel wait a month create a new account and go start rating games and commenting on them. Usually spam without even playing the game, cmon, can you play 600 games in a day. The current leaderboard encourages SPAM.

3) They complain, they always complain when their points get taken off or when their point drops, they get warned and then they just go to their old ways of spammign to get their point back. Some do some don't but a few of them even get banned.

I don't see anything good coming from it, so why do we still have it?

• 14 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I don't care about it but yea I guess we should remove it.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Woo hoo someone agrees with me!

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I agree with crazynaitor

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Yeah plokky has a point because I have seen people start from no where and get to the top in one day. Well actually lol I'm not even sure how it works anyways.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i dont entirely disagree. i think it does encourage people to stay at the site and to work at being members of the community, but ultimately i think it does encourage spam and temper tantrums.

but personally i think AP needs an overhaul anyhow.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

That is another case, people could see how much AP they gained in one month as long as their in the leaderboard.

Well they cant really see because the number drops a few everyday.
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Well, I have to admit it's glitchy and all, but I don't see why not to have it! It just can make it more fun, see you you are doing, but ultimately, I hope people are here to have fun and play AG's great games. It does encourage spammers, but what do they get in the end of it? Some messages saying, "Hey, you're number 1 on this month's leaderboard!" They don't gain much from it in the end, so I don't see why we should remove the Leaderboard.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I think on your profile it should show Points made this year,month,week and day!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We discussed removing the current leaderboard, and decided against it. I think it has more pros than cons, and it gives people who aren't very close to getting to the overall leaderboard, the chance to get on the current one. Yes, some people do spam a lot to get on it, but we also look at these members closely, and delete the spam if that is how they got to the current leaderboard.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

We discussed removing the current leaderboard, and decided against it. I think it has more pros than cons, and it gives people who aren't very close to getting to the overall leaderboard, the chance to get on the current one. Yes, some people do spam a lot to get on it, but we also look at these members closely, and delete the spam if that is how they got to the current leaderboard.

It looks like many people who get enough Ap don't even get on at all though.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It may look like that, but there is no indication that the leaderboard is faulty. When people say that they aren't on, they don't have an actual count of how many AP they have made during the earning period. So without actual evidence of this not working, there's not much to go off of.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

When people say that they aren't on, they don't have an actual count of how many AP they have made during the earning period. So without actual evidence of this not working, there's not much to go off of.

Exactly! Some people just think they should be on the Current Leaderboard, but how should they know? I don't think anyone keeps a AP count that is dead-accurate, so no one ever can know who should be on there and who shouldn't...
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Ok i see now, feel free to lock.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Just an added note as well: some people think something is wrong with it because they fall off the current leaderboard. This is most likely because they spammed, and some comments were deleted, and they lost AP. Not necessarily because the current leaderboard had a problem.

Showing 1-14 of 14