ForumsSupport ForumHow about, Armor Films?

48 8398
LostSoul
LostSoul
46 posts
Nomad

Hi I'm LostSoul and I thought of something, that if the staff of Armor Games doesn't approuve, well I wont mind. But heres the idea:
We all know Armor Games, we post our own bla bla bla, but what if we did like Newgrounds, which means posting our own flash animations, ever thought of that? Because for now, Newgrounds is the only site I know with flash animations, and the good thing about making flash games, you can post it on Armor Games, Newgrounds, Kongregate... but if you do, even good, flash animations? Well, post it on Newgrounds and if your not happy screw you. Thats what I think, so why not make Armor Films?
Its the same concept as Armor Games but has his own site and sponsors flash films.
I'd appreciate if a moderator of some sort could tell me what he/she thinks, and anyone else as well.

• 48 Replies
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

I'm not surprised that a topic like this has came up on the forum but as both a flash animator and flash game developer would agree with NoName and say I think this site is better off sticking to games and letting the other guys deal with animation.

I think NoName brought up a very good point when he brought up the effect it would have on the community, Newgrounds is a great site and has an awesome library of games and animations, but I'm not a fan of the community, it is very immature in my mind, which is really too bad. I think the majority of it comes from the animations too, countless animations on that site feature harsh language, excessive nudity, excessive violence, and other content which isn't very desirable to the average viewer, not to mention the fact that if half the parents of the kids on that site knew what they where looking at they would probably flip out.

I'm not saying I don't like the site, there is a time and place for it yes but it isn't ArmorGames material. NG is already well established enough that even if AG opened a animation section, Newgrounds would have all of the same animations on it and more, so why? I personally like having a site I can go to for flash animations (Newgrounds) and a site I can go to for games (Armorgames)

Besides, there have already been plenty of Newground re-makes, if you still think that Newgrounds is the only site that lets you host animations then look below:

Flash Portal
UGO player
Albino Black Sheep
Animation Arcade
Atom(not sure if they still do)

Not to mention a few other sites which I don't want to mention because, well, they are dirty and steal most of their content anyways. Also I might as well make not of several sites who also did the same thing but closed down because they couldn't compete with NG (addictingclips.com) (blackmaze.com) (cobramilk.com)

yea?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

First of all, I don't apreciate the disrespect you give me and some of the other users on AG.

Second, you keep saying we are wrong but you never make a good arguement supporting why we are wrong.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think that this has been discussed for long enough and is turning into something it was not intended to become. As for now, we are not hosting flash animations, and it does not sound like it will happen in any time in the near future.

Showing 46-48 of 48