ForumsThe TavernOmnivores vs. Vegetarians

9 1891
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

I have been coming across a lot of vegetarian propaganda throughout AG. Personally, I love being a meat eater. I am an avid hunter, including deer, pheasant, rabbit, turkey, grouse, ect. , and I also fish for bass and trout. I have no problems with killing and eating animals and I have no problems with those who choose otherwise. I am just wondering why vegetarians and vegans choose to broadcast their views to the world like they are making a statement? Neither omnivores nor vegetarians are any more right or any more wrong than the other. Different people lead different paths. That's all. What do you think?

• 9 Replies
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, vegetarians want everyone else to become one. So, they make threads in the community to try to get others to stop eating meat.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Eating meat is actually healthier because meat has calcium and proteins that build bone and muscle. veggies and fruit don't have good nutritional values and fruit has A LOT of carbs. I don't want to hear the animal activist "killing farm animals is wrong" because they were RAISED to be killed for food. it is called gathering. It is a natural human process. Plus, all the vegetarians I know are always sick

Thoth
Thoth
44 posts
Nomad

Look at it this way. Why do Christians and Muslims, and most other religions for that matter, broadcast their views to the world, and continually ask for people to turn to Christ or their Diety/Holy form?

The first thing you have to do is recognize the difference between the propaganda and the real deal. You have to know when the talker is being a closed-minded idiot, or just trying to state their views. Most people only will accept their ideal of a certain belief. Their are some people who can't seem to realize that not all vegetarians are radicals. Then their are some people who absorb the propaganda and listen to it, making their truth about vegetarians lies. On AG we have a lot of vegetarian propaganda, bt as I stated earlier, we also have a lot of Omnivore propaganda. By continuing on the forums you must accept that.

Personally, I am neither for or against vegetarianism. Humans are one of the creatures blessed with the choice to eat either plants or meat. We are also blessed with the choice to choose how and what we want to eat. Tempo, you should respect other peoples lifestyle, and they should respect yours. That's what everything comes down to.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

@ Toth

I couldn't agree more... It's just everyone esplaining their views and we have freedom to do that.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i posted this for the opinions of everyone Thoth. i didn't praise one or the other. i showed no disrespect to anyone. agree?

Emperor_Tiberlaw
Emperor_Tiberlaw
120 posts
Nomad

omnivores vs. vegetarains.
Can't we settle this.
If omnivores ruled. All animals will have to be onmivores.
If vegitarains win. all animals and humans must eat vegitable.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

In the end Omnivores would win against Carnivores and Vegetarians! If everyone were carnivore there would be only vegetables noone ate, and if everone were Vegetarian there would be eventually no more vegetables and people would eat eachother!

I thnk vegetarians like to think of themselves as the 'special enviromentally friendly group' and because they are different it sparks interest in more groups and they are protrayed as the good example by the media. No one goes around saying 'I believe in being an Omnivore you need to join our group!' nor does everyone go around (at least i don't see o.o) saying you need to be carnivore either.

cowdude5055
cowdude5055
106 posts
Peasant

Im with dragoncrusher. OMNIVORARIANS!

pickle5
pickle5
99 posts
Nomad

I am an omnivore to i hunt and eat meat every meal. I have no problem with vegitarians but i do think some of them do go "over the top".

Showing 1-9 of 9