ForumsWEPRWorld War 2-Necessary?

35 7615
cowdude5055
cowdude5055
106 posts
Peasant

Yes. Hitler shouldn't have started it, but I'm glad other nations joined to fight him![b]

• 35 Replies
Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

I can't exactly see how it could have been unnecessary.

Hitler starts invading countries, everyone else isn't just going to let him.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

It started with hitler, but it was the whole world that joined in. and yes, it helped get America out of the depresssion by offering jobs too.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

yeah...

I agree with Grey.

This is a rather silly question

It was very necessary, without going to war, there would be millions of more people killed....and europe would probably be hilterville

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

No it wasn't necessary. It should never have happened. If you're talking about the worlds reaction to the rise of hitler and the defending itself against attack or healing other countries defend themselves then yes that was necessary. But most wars are pretty unnecessary.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Of course it was necessary. If other countries had not resisted, there would be a swastika hanging outside your house and German would be your first language, not to mention there would not be a single Jew left on this planet.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is basicly asking "What is the point of war?"

This is a better place to talk about it.

Also, the war should have been unnecessary. The reason why the war started was because Hitler was given everything he demanded before the war started (by trying to avoid the war, France and England gave Hitler what he wanted thinking he would be please. All they did was give him power to start the war).

So in hindsight, this war should not have been necessary.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

If it was unnecessary then why did millions die.
For you to say it is not is dishonoring All of the Men Women & Children That were involved in it.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I said it should not have been necessary, because it should have been prevented. Because it was not prevented, it became necessary.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Why SHOULD it have been prevented ?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@skipper

Are you serious? We should have done as much as possible to stop Hitler before the war broke out. I doubt much would have stopped him, but not trying doomed the world to another war.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am sorry, I should have said France and Britain, not England. My bad.

Anyways, I think Skipper was talking to me. The reason why WW2 should have been prevented is because... well this guy explains better than I do.

Here

Yes, I know he says that he beleives that WW2 would have still happened, but that is his opinion and he explains that that theory is his opinion. Everything else he said I was tought in US history.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

it had plenty of pros and cons, but it was completely necessary. Hitler was obviously evil when invading countries and no country hands their land over on a golden platter and says, "here!".

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

The other opinion on that would be that Hitler would have backed down and kept building strength if anyone had stood up to him which would have resulted in the same thing happening anyway without Stalin starting WWII. The chances of any country pursuing a war long enough to displace a leader such as Hitler at the time given the current situation throughout the world during the 30s and into the 40s is preposterous in my opinion. Would it have made WWII much shorter and less violent, perhaps, but would it have prevented it, not at all.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

@thoadthetoad
During WW2 that was actually the case in the beginning when Germany annexed Austria in many towns that the German soldiers entered they were greeted by cheering crownds.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

SuperzMcShort, If France and Britain did go to war with Hitler before he gained all the power, then yes, there still would have been a war. The only difference is that it would have excluded half the world. Would it have been called WW2 still? Well that does not realy matter, the point is that WW2, at it's full impact, could have and should have been prevented. Yes, maybe a war but a much much MUCH smaller one. Including the prevention of the Holicost.

Showing 1-15 of 35