ForumsThe TavernI need help with some paintball stuff...

21 3315
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok I got a spyder victor. I know that you guys are probably like, "wtf why did he get that crappy thing?" Well I didn't have to pay for it and its actually pretty nice.

But I need help with modding it up. I need to know what kind of trigger to get for it so that its easier to shoot and things like that. Help me mod this thing up and turn it into a really nice gun please.

• 21 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I can give some suggestions. I think the Dye barrels are great for Xball, they yield a lot of velocity. The Freak barrel kit is pretty cool because it has all those inserts. Are you looking for a longer barrel?

I think the Halo B loaders are crap, they break a lot.

Eclipse triggers are super sensitive and the semi-auto setting on it works well. I think it does 3 ball bursts.

Before I go further, what type of ball are you playing here? Speedball, Xball, woods ball, what?

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

lol atleast you got a gun,mine broke and I never got around to buying a new one.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I prefer to have a longer gun, so I extend my tank out. I would suggest extending your valve, because I think spyders are short.

Also, I wouldn't replace the bolt in the spyder they have great bolts. They almost never chop balls even unloading a full hopper.

I would replace the trigger and the trigger frame, I just like the eclipse, you will have to tinker to mix all these brands together, but it will work.

Also, CLEAN YOUR GUN WEEKLY.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

Yes like asherlee said clean your gun. Also never reuse paint or pellets. That would be bad. Don't even think about chopping balls (that would hurt) and have fun!

worrinpeace
worrinpeace
150 posts
Nomad

hey star i got a spyder and i bought a extenshion for miy barrel so it goes farther and it herts more, i would suggest frezing your paint balls its more painful to me, and i bought a scope wichhelps out.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well where I play there are woods, speedball, xball. I like them all but I just need help with getting it to shoot faster, farther, and more accuratly. I want to put a new trigger on so that I can just tap it and it will fire. Im going to get a new longer barrel for it, and already have a electric hopper for it.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

This is not my physical gun, it is the same type. Mine is black though.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/dumbnutz4/sx3.jpg

worrinpeace
worrinpeace
150 posts
Nomad

sweet that sounds about what mine has on it

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

SS, what type of tank do you have?

I used to use my Angel air for a long time, lol.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I have a Axe 20 oz tank. Idk if that helps you out but thats what it is. lol

worrinpeace
worrinpeace
150 posts
Nomad

i holds more c02 that means you can ply longer without refilling

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

ok well im just looking for a better trigger really. I want one that is really easy to shoot.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I would definitely go with an Eclipse trigger then. They are super sensitive.

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Ok, because the one I have right now is really hard to push down on. I can move alternate between my fingers really fast, but its too hard to push down for me to get anything out of it. lol.

And then im probably going to go with a 16" barrel. One last thing. My gun has a habbit of cracking a paintball every now and then. Any help with that?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You are using bad paint if they are cracking. Those spyder bolts shouldn't damage the paintballs. They are nice. Is it oiled enough?

Oh and that Eclipse trigger has digital settings on the grip. I love them.

Showing 1-15 of 21