ForumsSupport Forummoderators spamming? A question I have.

20 3472
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

Alright.

SO if moderators might spam, (I have seen some moderators spam) and someone flags it, is THAT moderator warned?

If so do they HAVE to erase it? I mean what if they don't erase it, then get the points for it?
:c

• 20 Replies
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Really, someone who picked to be a moderator should not spam. I am guessing what you saw was minor and probably accidental? If someone spams they usually can't reach the high expectations of the moderators of this site. Which has been probably the biggest downfall for many aspiring moderators.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, what are you considering spam? I've talked to a moderator and the answer might just be a simple, "yes." That is not spamming because how else could you respond? Making a long sentence saying the exact same thing? I see, "yes," as a worthy enough reply.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Estel says it right. We get asked a lot of questions because that is in our job requirement. For instance:

"Billy Bob is bothering me on my profile, will you do something?"

***warned billy bob***

Then on Estel's profile I will write:

"Please let me know if he bothers you."
or
"it is taken care of."

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!

what im saying is that usually when someone spamms it is flagged then the moderator is notified of the spam. the the moderator goes to check it out, then erases it! ta-da!

but what if a moderator spams,then someone flaggs it. What if THAT moderator is notified of there own spam, then desides to NOT erase it so that they can get the points for it? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Firstly, one of the qualities we look for in members we choose to moderate is a stellar posting record. This includes no spamming. So I don't think you will see a bunch of moderator spam posts around the site.

SO if moderators might spam, (I have seen some moderators spam) and someone flags it, is THAT moderator warned?

Yes, a moderator can be warned if it is blatant spamming.

If so do they HAVE to erase it? I mean what if they don't erase it, then get the points for it?

Well, here you have to consider that we have 8 moderators. This means that any of the other moderators could delete those comments as well. Just as we are subject to getting merits from other mods, so we are also subject to getting posts judged as spam, and deleted.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, you can flag our comments and posts, yes. So it would technically show up to be deleted, but it is a choice to have it deleted.

But I am willing to bet we have more comments deleted than anyone on the site. Members constantly delete our warnings.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Truthfully, in my opinion none of the current moderators would do that, since points are just fake popularity. But if their was someone appointed a moderator that did something like that, they would probably deserve to be fired with no chance of parole >.<

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But I am willing to bet we have more comments deleted than anyone on the site. Members constantly delete our warnings.

This is sooo true. People are always deleting our comments, and probably flagging them too because they do not like to get caught breaking the rules. All flagged comments are reviewed and it is decided whether or not they should be deleted. This is regardless of who posted it.
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

If a moderator is picked to be a moderator they where chosen for a reason, if on few occasions a moderator spams I'm sure it was accidental, if they do it purposely I'm sure they will be warned or kicked from their status as a moderator. I hope that answered your question. =)

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

obnly time i saw mods spamming was when ahs said "thanks" a 1 word sentence!!! lol anyways everyone spams you cant be perfect

MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

They just do their job. Seeing it once might be a mistake or accident, who knows?

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

sorry i messed the sentence up only time i saw a mod spamming was as ash said "thanks" dont ask me what the thing was about, but everyone is spamming sometimes

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Well when mods are picked,they pick them because they can rely on them,there friendly and they don't break any of the rules which includes spamming.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I agree with Estel on this one.

MasterXatu
MasterXatu
89 posts
Nomad

Sometimes mods make no sense *peeks at Asherlee*

Showing 1-15 of 20