ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Man With No Life.

67 12826
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Please tell me what you think. I am a first time story writer, and this is my first story. Please give feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Intro~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever wondered about life? Life is a curious thing. You are born, only to die. This is the same process on the planet Alaapokees. Alapokians are short little fellows, with pointed ears, and rounded noses. The tallest only come up to 4 feet tall.

Alaapokees is a small planet, only 9000 kilometers round. One tribe, deep inside Depthar, the forest of the Kingland, has a dark past. Many terrible wizards have come and taken away children, and slaughtered their parents. But there is hope. One Alaapokian named Drivthar has a special power. One only known to the tribe (the tribe's name is Wertha) Drivthar himself doesn't know about it. Until one day....

Intro Over.
I will add on later. Please give me feedback!

• 67 Replies
jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

@ Flappy
There are mistakes, trust me. Want me to find them and post them here?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Hehe, yes please, Jeff. I need to know my inperfection.

*GASP* It's time for the next installment! *Graps a remote and turns on TV.* I'm going to need inspiration from AFV... *Sinks back in chair*...

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad

*munch munch*

Cookies anyone? Let's eat some while Flappy still needs some inspiration..

*munches and munches and munches and munches till the end of life*

:P

ThsTorturedSoul
ThsTorturedSoul
26 posts
Nomad

It is obvious from your writing that you don't have much experience in the art of writing.
Your text just doesn't flow like it needs too.

"Drivthar knew Christrew was a big fan of school, so that would get him through. You see, Christrew was so freindly to Drivthar, sometimes he wouldn't let him go, he would just talk to Drivthar."

I just don't like this. It sounds childish and poorly written. I would probably change this specific piece to something along these lines:

"Christrew regarded education in the highest, so Drivthar knew he could use school as an excuse to get by without staying to talk too long. Christrew's warm personality led him to carry conversations out much longer than they should, and Drivthar really needed to get by right now."

Something like that. That's really rough, but all I'm saying is that you need to expand your vocabulary a little bit. The verbs, nouns and adjectives I've seen you using so far have been stale and elementary. Also, try to use some interesting grammatical forms to catch reader's interests.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It is obvious from your writing that you don't have much experience in the art of writing.
Your text just doesn't flow like it needs too.

Very true. You can tell it is your first time. Still, great idea, I'm waiting for the next installment.
kingthegod
kingthegod
41 posts
Nomad

weell lets say it will entrtain the customer

MoNKeY08
MoNKeY08
164 posts
Nomad

guys... u realize that its elementry..becuase its meant for ppl at a young age.. how do u not see that?its a made up tale as in fairy tale.. most kids read this and dont understand half of the descriptions.. so get off the fact that its not descriptive enough.. cuz its not suppose to be...

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

F you guys. If you don't like it then don't read don't diss flappy!

ThsTorturedSoul
ThsTorturedSoul
26 posts
Nomad

I'm not "dissing" him/her.

I'm trying to help him/her by making an observation and suggesting a correction.

Also, MoNKeY, this is not "obviously meant for people at a young age". Besides, should little kid books be less quality? No, it is supposed to be a descriptive story, and why would Flappy post it on this forum if it were meant for little kids?

HomerSimpson
HomerSimpson
56 posts
Nomad

Nice work Flappybob!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

We all know that there are some mistakes and that it could be a little more descriptive. But it is still a great story so far.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

FINE! Here are a couple mistakes or improvements.... =P

Life is a curious thing. You are born, only to die.

Improved - Life is a curious thing. You are born, then only to die.

They aren't as far in teechnology as the King's village.

Corrected - They aren't as far in technology as the King's village.

Also, try not to use numbers, just write out the word.... =D

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Hye dude looks great! Keep up the story

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad
chri353
chri353