ForumsWEPR2008 Presidential Nomination Information

8 2339
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Welcome to the 2008 Political Teen Presidential Election Information Topic!

Confused about an issue? I'll help you out with that one.

Understanding the Issues:

War on Terror
This is often associated with the war on Iraq. They are often mistaken. The War on Terror is the war against terrorism in the United States, which includes the WTC catastrophe. Many people believe it is a serious war, and must be dealt with. The War in Iraq can be part of the War on Terror.

Global Warming:
If you watched Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, you will know what global warming. It basically is the earth slowly warming up overtime. Many believe it is natural although many others feel it is caused by human overpopulation or pollution.

Social Security
It is quite possible that the government may take the social security away to start paying for the war, expenses, etc. Many people are strongly against this.

Education
This mainly deals with the public education. Should religion be taught? In what ways should teachers be certified? All these questions are answered in teh education issue.

Abortion
This is a highly touchy area. This is when a woman is pregnancy, and decides to terminate the fetus. The two choices for this are pro-life and pro-choice. Pro-Life is the position that the baby should live, AKA Anti-Abortion, and Pro-Choice is the woman's right to make her own decision.

Same-Sex Marriages
This is the marriage between a woman and woman or a man and a man.

Immigration:
This is also a big subject recently. Many illegal immigrants from Mexico and the South Americas are coming to the USA to get cheap work.

McCain VS Obama

Democratic Nomination: Barack Obama
South Carolina Primary Winner
Iowa Primary Winner
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/9ify9x.jpg[/IMG]

The Issues

Iraq
Before the war in Iraq ever started, Senator Obama said that it was wrong in its conception. In 2002, then Illinois State Senator Obama said Saddam Hussein posed no imminent threat to the United States and that invasion would lead to an occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. Since then, Senator Obama has laid out a plan on the way forward in Iraq that has largely been affirmed by the bipartisan Iraq Study Group led by James Baker and Lee Hamilton.

Poverty
There are 37 million poor Americans. Most poor Americans are in the workforce, yet still cannot afford to make ends meet. And too many poor Americans are single mothers who are raising children. Barack Obama has been a lifelong advocate for the poor -- as a young college graduate, he rejected the high salaries of corporate America and moved to the South Side of Chicago to work as a community organizer. As an organizer, Obama worked with churches, Chicago residents and local government to set up job training programs for the unemployed and after school programs for kids.

Environment
Barack Obama believes that we have a responsibility to our children to leave this Earth better than we found it. He has a plan to drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and to turn the global warming crisis into a moment of opportunity for innovation and job creation. And as president, he will restore America's promise of a clean and beautiful environment by cleaning up our air and water, building healthier communities with fewer toxins, and preserving our forests and other national treasures. In doing so, Obama will make sure that our environmental laws and policies balance America's need for a healthy, sustainable environment with economic growth.

Energy
Senator Obama has been a leader in the Senate in pushing for a comprehensive national energy policy and has introduced a number of bills to get us closer to the goal of energy independence. By putting aside partisan battles, he has found common ground on CAFE, renewable fuels, and clean coal.

Republican Nomination: John McCain
Florida Republican Primary Winner.
Louisiana Republican Primary Winner.
South Carolina Republican Primary Winner.
New Hampshire Republican Primary Winner.
[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2i1ldzm.jpg[/IMG]
The Issues

Ethics
John McCain believes that a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" must remain ever faithful to that noble charge. America needs leadership devoted to the public interest, not the special interest, and a government that fulfills its duties with unfailing integrity, accountability, and common sense. Those who serve in positions of public trust have a patriotic duty to serve the national interest with integrity and accountability, to conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of the people we are privileged to serve, and to devote ourselves to America's agenda, not that of narrow special interests.

Iraq
John McCain believes that we must not fail in Iraq. Succeeding in the cause of helping the Iraqi people build a stable, secure, representative state is essential to achieving an enduring peace in a region of the world central to American prosperity and national security. Failure in Iraq will endanger America for generations to come. America has a vital interest in a secure, democratic Iraq, at peace with its neighbors, to help stabilize a dangerous and critical region.

National Security
The most sacred responsibility vested in a president - the commander in chief - is to &quotreserve and protect" American citizens. John McCain has the necessary vision and unrivaled experience to command the United States armed forces and adapt our nation's defenses to the demands of a changing and dangerous world.

• 8 Replies
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Oh damn, I messed up on the images

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

the codes are case sensitive and are not supposed to be in all caps, but all lowercase instead.The thing I find strange is that reading this, you sound like one of the commercials for either candidate when you pt up information about them.I find that pretty impressive.I am against the war, and think that offshore drilling(McCain's solution to the energy crisis) would not help us in the short, or long run in terms of a final solution.Because of all of this I think that Barack O'Bama would be the better candidate.If I could vote that's who I would vote for, but since I'm only 15 I can't.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Not a single issue that you posted had a balanced view. You always posted what one politician thought, but not the other.

souperman
souperman
35 posts
Nomad

I don't really care what happens at this point; Clinton's not getting president.

souperman
souperman
35 posts
Nomad

*As in, I'm okay with anyone other than Clinton

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

...You only put one candidate's views on each issue.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, TotalReview said what i was going to say

Also, there are already threads on most of these topics.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

Ok. Ever single topic listed above is ridiculously biased. There are topics on all of those, and what is the point of this anyways? To educate us on who to vote for? It doesn't help a lot being that you don't show each candidates views on the topics either.

Showing 1-8 of 8