ForumsSupport ForumModerator concern

15 3283
RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

http://armorgames.com/user/Devoidless

Please don't just lock this up, actually have the time to reply to it, I want the opinions of other moderators too.

Ok, this guy just deleted about 100 of my comments, he deleted them and said ''such short replies should be used in IMs'', NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO GO ON CHAT ROOMS, and some people just find it fine to chat on here.

Since the guy is 'above the law', he could pretty much delete anything that isn't up to his standards.

It's just like, if you don't agree with him, he'll take your points away, he does it because HE CAN DO IT.

I'd like other mods to join into this concern, and NOT JUST LOCK IT UP.

• 15 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I am in no way "above the law" as you say. I do what I always do as a mod:
I see two people having asinine, 1-4 worded 'conversations' back and back for pages and ask them to find some other way to communicate. I take care of the spam I see, and go on my merry way. Spam is still spam. It is not as if I seek specific members out and nuke their comments due to a vendetta or something. As said, I see pockets of spam on the site and I delete it.

Anything else you may conclude I assure you is false. I treat every member the same exact way on the site. See trouble, warn, take car of said trouble.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

But now you are acting like a saint since this whole thing is going public?

You obviously took offense to me once I asked you a simple question.

Sure you can say you deleted my comments because they did not meet Armorgames standards, but I have a little hunch that you deleted them because you thought I was disrespecting you, but if you're going to delete every 1-4 word comments on this site, then 99% of the members on here would have less then 100 points.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It is not wrong to have conversations under your profile, but if they are 1-4 word replys and you are both talking a lot then you should make it a habit to at least delete all the comments under your page (and your friend probally will too).

Honestly, I beleive that if you talk for the sake of talking, then you should not worry about points. If you talk for the sake of points, then you don't deserve the points.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Are you saying that everybody is supposed to reply to their cousins with intellectual thoughts?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Just delete the comments yourself so the mods don't have to. It is not fair that you get a bunch of points for having a long conversation with one person.

A mod will not delete all your comments if you have only a few realy short comments but when you have a whole bunch of short comments in a row, then a mod will step in. A few short comments are alright to have. It is when you let them pile up when a mod deletes your comments for you.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

So I should take my time to delete them since it's all fair in e-land?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well Daniel McNeely is the creator of the site. He is the one who pics the mods and he chose Devoidless to delete the spam for him. Because this is Dan's site, he is the rulemaker and you must follow the rules, even if you don't like them.

RaiderDawg
RaiderDawg
158 posts
Nomad

Really? That is what an admin does? Gee willy, was I ever wrong.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I suggest you get AIM. It is easy, your conversations are private (no worries about people snooping), and instead of always having to reload the page to see comments you get the message as soon as your friend hits enter.

If you don't like the rules here and you don't want to get AIM, then you are always welcome to create your own site to chat on. You could make your own rules then.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Anyways I have said everything I can tell you. Time to let this thread die or let a mod lock it. If you have any questions just ask me on my profile.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hehe...more Fuel for my Conspiracy Theory...

Although, I don't think that you should be using AG as your prime conversational tool...I mean, you have to wait 30 seconds and keep refreshing the page.

I think that you should get MSN. The messages come instantly...

KingRyan

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Actually RaiderDawg, aim/msn can both be downloaded and installed in about 10 minutes. Also, this really probably shouldn't be your main place for communication. This is a Gaming Site. Which means it is meant for people to play games on.

Also, even if he doesn't get time to delete everyones short spam comments. It's not because he's pregidous against you. Their are hundreds of people on this site, even if half the members here were moderators, the spam wouldn't totally be taken care of.

And if all you wanted to do was 'communicate with him'. You got that done, so the fact that you lost points afterwards shouldn't matter.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yes so just use e-mail MSN or AIM!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I would like to clarify something, longer conversations regardless of amount of words need to be taken to AIM. The profile comments are NOT meant for conversations that consist of going back and forth numerous times.

Next time, do NOT make topics about specific members on the site, even moderators. That is AGAINST the rules. So that is now several rules you have broken.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Devoid you treat everyone the same? Does that mean I am not the only one being sexually molested at night here?

Showing 1-15 of 15