ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimated Sigs. - By KingRyan

91 28419
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hi All,

These are the Animated Sigs. I have made so far.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/kingryan.gif?t=1216354349
This one was the first ever Animated Signature on AG!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/krsig3.gif?t=1216375954
I made this one because the first one is slightly too simple!

Got any ideas for more?

KingRyan

• 91 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

They are alright. Too simple and don't look good enough. But for the love of god don't bring animated sigs to AG. I really don't want to start having to look at these all the time...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Oh great response...

But don't worry, I will get sick of posting them eventually, and I doubt that many people will be able to make them...

KingRyan

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Good animated ones are usually not long like the second and just having something moving or other. Like a person breathing or powering up. They are short, loop perfectly and just look cool. Try that out.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Good KingRyan I think the first one isn't good but the second was is awesome!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah, like I said, these are just the beginning ones...I might be able to do a really good one on Monday when I have the day off of school...

KingRyan

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Ooh I can't wait!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

1) I agree with Klaushouse- too many animated sigs would make viewing AG hell. On the other hand, with the new size restrictions, it may be a little more bearable.

2) Fortunately not many people can do their own animated signatures. I personally like that little kitschy touch where those who can give it a shot so the results are, for want of a better term, noobish :P I totally lol'd at KR's second example...while it's not like totally pwnsome or l33t or whatever you might find in some hardcore videogaming forum, I don't care. And it probably saves on bandwidth- remember there's also a filesize limitation of 40kb.

To that end when signatures first started becoming popular, I whipped one up to see whether I could do something animated with a bit of lulz and keep it within 40kb. And guess what, I can!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/sp_ninja.gif?t=1216382766

But I don't ever intend to use a signature. That would not be the ninja way.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I also agree with Klaushouse. Animated Signs would bring AG down, and make it a pain to view.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Ha Ha nice Strop!

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Yea I think Strops is really xool.And I love your 2nd one KingRyan!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Very pissed. Made a SICK one but it's huge and there is no way to just shrink it to fit in flash...

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

bummer, i personally dont like animated pictures, and if someone starts offering to make them free, 9 out of every 10 people on AG will probably ask for one, and then that person will most probably quit due to too much requests and spam and stuff

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

A little bit plain, but better than I could ever do.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Strop....yours totally owned mine...

What did you make that in?

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It did not own yours. Yours is actually hilarious. For some quirky reason I love it.

The frames were done using basic raster tools (like in MS Paint)- but I also used the 'motion blur' in GIMP. After that I converted to index manually and reduced the color levels to 6 or something, which is why I managed to squeeze 32 frames into 40kb.

Showing 1-15 of 91