ForumsSupport Forum***LOOK HERE*** Read this before making a topic!

17 4116
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

-----Introduction-----

I have gathered a list of popular site suggestions and questions. This is to help reduce the influx of the same suggestions being made. If you would please browse through this before starting a topic on a new suggestion or question. Please remember that the list of suggestions does not mean they will be added to the site. Feel free to add some suggestions or FAQs if I missed it. You will be credited in the end when I make the update. Thank you!

-----Rules-----
* No spam. (duh)
* Please review this topic before creating a new topic in this section. Your topic will be locked if it is a duplicate.
* Questions are allow in this topic and anyone is free to answer them if you can.
* Do not flame anyone for asking a question, even if it seems obvious to you.
* Suggestions to this topic are also welcome here.
* Before you make a topic please make sure it belongs in this section. This section is only for Armorgames.com support and suggestions. It is not for game suggestions.

Popular site suggestions:

--Forums--
1. Post editing
2. Emoticons -- For example, would turn into an actually smiley face.
3. Less Stickies
4. Sports Forum
5. Newbie Forum
6. Signatures
7. AP for posts in your topic
8. Bulletin Board to post announcements
9. Community search
10. Funny forum
11. Forum Reputation system
12. Spelling/Grammar check
13. Polls
14. Thread Subscriptions
15. Hot Topics -- popular topics marked differently
16. Who is viewing what forum
17. Post preview
18. Forum Merits

--Profile--
1. Upgraded User Interface -- Change timezone, options for viewing forum, background colors, etc. please see this topic
2. Number of games played
3. Notifications -- friend requests, merits, etc
4. Private Messaging
5. Member search
6. Ignore member
7. Full body armatars with customizable accessories
8. Add Xfire and skype
9. More amatars
10. Last login
11. Badges
12. Delete all comments and select all comments
13. Rearrange Friend's list
14. View all own posts
15. Ability to see if a profile is banned
16. Status -- I will be gone for XX days, I have stepped out for 10 minutes, I am busy playing Shift 2, etc
17. Censors in profile abouts
18. Count down til next rank

--Game related--
1. More options for viewing games -- view all games
2. Re-rate games
3. AP for playing games
4. Armor Games MMORPG
5. MMORPGs (out sourced)
6. Suggestion Games System
7. 5 minute games/Games on the the go
8. Game timer

--Misc--
1. Flash videos
2. ArmorFilms - animations
3. Remove the ads
4. Video Tutorials
5. Bring back Armor Chat
6. Delete inactive profiles after a given amount of time
7. Remove pop-ups
8. Rate game comments
9. More unlockable goodies
10. Official AG clubs
11. More contests and prizes!
12. More ways to gain AP
13. Full list of member ranking
14. Spambot
15. Armor Games Awards -- Most Improved Member, Nicest, etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----FAQ-----

1. What is considered spam and how do I report it?
Posting for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points. Posting on your own profile multiple times is also spam. All comments and posts need to offer some insight or something constructive. To report spam, simply click on the red flag in the upper right corner of the post or inform a moderator. Examples of spam:
- "Hey r u on?"
- "Wuts up?"
- "Wow u've got lyk 1000 APS!"
- "Add me plz"

2. Why were the referrals removed?
They were abused by members creating fake e-mail addresses.

3. What is a merit?
Merits are earned by writing constructive, thoughtful comments in the Games section. We reward those who take the time to think out a good comment, as it contributes a lot to the website and sets a good example for others. The post does not have to be a book in length, but should be interesting enough to grab our attention. Proper grammar and spelling also helps. For each merit you receive, you will earn 25 AP and your post will stand out. Only moderators and administrators give out merits. You can help us choose who gets the merits by hitting the "up-vote" arrow next to comments on the game pages. Please see the sticky about merits in this section of the forum to help write a comment worth a merit.

4. What are the rank guidelines?
As you earn points, you will rise through the Ranks. The ranks you achieve appear in your user profile, and will show your commitment and time to the Armor Games website! Each Rank has a different point value, and here are the current baseline rank levels (1/16/07):

Wood Serf: 10 AP
Silver Serf: 25 AP
Gold Serf: 100 AP

Wood Squire: 225 AP
Silver Squire: 400 AP
Gold Squire: 625 AP

Wood Knight: 1200 AP
Silver Knight: 1750 AP
Gold Knight: 2250 AP

Wood Lord/Lady: 3000 AP
Silver Lord/Lady: 3500 AP
Gold Lord/Lady: 4000 AP

Wood Duke/Duchess: 4500 AP
Silver Duke/Duchess: 5200 AP
Gold Duke/Duchess: 6000 AP

Wood Prince/Princess: 7250 AP
Silver Prince/Princess: 8500 AP
Gold Prince/Princess: 10000 AP

Wood King/Queen: 12000 AP
Silver King/Queen: 14500 AP
Gold King/Queen: 17500 AP

5.How do I submit a game?
We would love to host your games! Just make sure that you are uploading a game that you worked on. We will review your game and make sure it is acceptable for Armor Games. This process may take up to 3-4 business days. You can submit via the Submit form. Games can be of all shapes and sizes, and we would love to see what you are doing! If you want a game that you saw somewhere else on a different website contact the creator of that game and ask them to submit it to the site. You can also use the contact page to request a game to be added.

6. Why can't I see any of the games?
To run the games, you must have the Flash Player plugin. If you do not have this plugin, or a game is not appearing correctly, you should install the Flash Plugin, available here. If you Flash plugin is current and the games are still not working, make sure you do not have a firewall or spyware programming blocking the site. Also try using another browser such as Firefox, Safari, or IE. Resetting the cache on your browser has also known to work. If this doesn't help then make a topic to get further assistance.

7. How do I become a moderator and who are the current moderators?
If you would like to become a moderator, you first need to show that you are responsible on the site; show a good posting record and maturity and you may be granted these exclusive rights! We will usually hand pick moderators, but if you feel you have what it take, contact us on the Contact page... we are really, really picky though! It is best to not make a topic about becoming a moderator. Remember that with these exclusive rights comes responsibility. It isn't all fun and games. To view the list of staff for the site see the About.
DO NOT ASK TO BECOME A MODERATOR OR WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BECOME ONE!

8. How do I create a game?
See the Programming section of the forums and read the stickies: Here

9. How long does it take for my submited game to be reviewed?
It generally takes a few days for the Administrators to review a game and give you the word if it will be added to the site. Just give them some time!

10. Where can I see site news?
The best place is to read the blog located: here

11. How do I add a game to my favorites?
When on the game screen of your favorite game(s) there is a set of small icons in the upper right corner just below the Armorgames site map. In that set of icons is a heart with a plus sign.

12. What are these weird messages/glitches I see on some of the AG pages?
This glitches usually appear at the top of the page and start with a "Warning: blah blah blah." Do not be alarmed. This happens from time to time. It could be due to a number of things (updating, fixing an issue, or server problems). The best thing to do is try refreshing your browser. If this doesn't work, close your browser and try again in a bit.

13. How do I post a picture?
[i m g]url of the picture[/i m g] Just delete the spaces. You can also use the BB Code buttons located just above the box where you enter text to post. Just remember to press the button again to close the code.

14. How do I use the BB Code buttons?
Press the desired button, enter the text, press the button again. For instance, if you are making bold text you should follow these instructions: Press the "bold" button and this will appear - [ b ]. Enter your text which will look like [ b ]hello. After the text is typed, press the /BOLD button again.

15. How do I change my armatar?
Located in your Control Panel there are a set of tabs. See the armatar one? VIOLA!

16. Where did all my points go?!?
You spammed.

[b]17. I found a glitch, what do I do?

Check out the sticky about glitches and post it there.

18. I came to a page that reads: "Oops! We can't find the page!" What do I do?
It most likely means that profile was removed from the site or you have entered the wrong URL.

19. Why was my topic locked?
We lock topics that are duplicates of other topics or they do not encourage constructive posts. When you create a topic it needs to offer incentive to post more than a few words.

20. There is a game on another website I would like to play on AG, how can that be added?
Contact the creator of that game and ask him/her to add it to the site!

21. I've gained a lot of AP this month. Why am I not on the current leader board?
The easiest answer to this is the currently leader board is glitchy. Don't worry about it.

22. Can I have more than one account?
You are allowed to have more than one account on AG. You must NOT try to deceive by posting under a false identity. When you create a second or third account you mustn't hide who you are. However, if you have created an account after being banned you will be banned again for a longer period of time. This is a no-no.

------------------------------------------------------------
Sources: Rules & Guidelines, John's FAQ/Help page

Special thanks to Klaushouse for help with gathering the list of popular suggestions!

• 17 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Thank you, a lot of hard work was put into it. I hope it helps!

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

Hopefully people will read it.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Could you make a topic longer?!?!?!?! Anyway, great job!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I could! Haha, this is just the recent update, I will probably be updating this weekly. That means LONGER.

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

Ohhhh. Okay, sorry Asherlee for the Edit the post button topic.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Finally someone did this. I was thinking about doing it but it would take too long. Asherless, you da bomb...or you have too much free time haha!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I could! Haha, this is just the recent update, I will probably be updating this weekly. That means LONGER.

So your going to update this topic with the suggestions that are being added or considered?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Finally someone did this. I was thinking about doing it but it would take too long. Asherless, you da bomb...or you have too much free time haha!

Well, I am able to be on here while I am at work. But I actually did this today while at home. Thank you!

So your going to update this topic with the suggestions that are being added or considered?

I add all suggestions that I could find in the last month and a half. I didn't discriminate in the quality of the suggestion because I am trying to reduce the amount of duplicate suggestions.

However, I don't want to label something as being considered or not because that could change at the last minute.
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Asherlee, the reason I made that post was you said you were updating the topic next week, with what I ask? Chances are there won't be many new suggestion, probably just more repeats.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Actually now that I have just reviewed the last 40 or so pages of this section of the forum I noticed that there are several new ideas every week. I just added two more 5 minutes after I posted this, but I won't do another update til next week.

Let me worry about that...

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Wow! Another great forum post by Asherlee! And by the way, how long did this take for you to type (and copy)?

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Alright what do I know anyhow, not like I actually go through all those pages, I just see the locked topics.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I just noticed the topic title of "DON'T LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING" would have more views! Nah Just kidding....

I can tell you worked very hard, great job! *applauses*

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

This is a great additon to it Asherlee great job!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Nice! Updated. The look here really stands out.

Showing 1-15 of 17