ForumsSupport ForumAdd Profile Pictures

8 1749
Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

I have asked around and looked at other forum posts about being able to put your own pics into your profile and the reply given is something like "Pictures shouldn't be allowed into profiles because people might put in nudity or other explicitly natured images".

Well I have a suggestion. Could we be allowed put our own pictures into our profile once we get to a certain level of AP like 2000 or 3000. This way its only the people who actually care about he site or put alot of effort into getting points would be allowed to put pictures in there profile.

Let me know what you think of my idea please.

• 8 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I still think this could be dangerous. We have a lot of 13 year old kids on here that have higher AP. They do not need to be putting pictures up on the internet. If this was an adult site, then yes that would be a good idea.

We have a strict policy on not giving out personal information. I think appearance would fall into that category.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

That would encourage spamming.

To me, anything that requires a certain amount of AP is a bad idea.

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Ok thanks, It was just a suggestion. There is alot of people wanting to post personal pics so I was just trying to think of ways to help. I just have 1 question though. If you have a strict policy against giving out personal info then why are we allowed post pics into comments and forum posts. If someone wanted to spread any pics it would be much easier for them to do it on the forums.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That is very easy for us to delete. There is no way for us to stop people entirely from giving out personal information. If we didn't have pictures enabled, then they could simply post a link to a picture. It is a slippery slope.

The point is that we will not condone the use of such a feature. It drastically reduces the problem.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

That's a good point, actually.

Whats the difference between having a custom profile picture, and posting an image on the forum?

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Ok thanks, I guess prevention is better than a cure. Thanks for your time.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That's what we are here for! Keep up the ideas. I just added it to the sticky for a future update.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I agree with Asherlee, having the ability to put pictures on profiles would be dangerous.

Showing 1-8 of 8