ForumsWEPRForced to go to a church camp

28 4965
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok i didn't know if this would go in here or in the tavern so sorry if it isn't in the right place, but i am being forced to go to a church camp. If you have seen some of my past posts i am athiest and live in the middle of the bible belt. So i tried to get people to understand that i am not christian and why i think so, of course everyone started getting mad, and now i am being forced to go to a camp to get "god's word injected into me". So i will not be on for about 4 or 5 days

• 28 Replies
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Well, if his parents reacted like that, then they are DEFINITELY NOT Christians, or the haven't understood a word of Jesus teachings!

Swift, you could tell your parents to read the Bible throught, especially Genesis: then you'll show them that God always lets us choose, he nevere FORCES us to do something. We have the choice (if they're christians, it should work, even if you don't believe in your argument yourself ^^).

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well, your parents should understand your beliefs and not force you to go.
But while you're there, make the most of it; maybe meet some girls.Lol.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

it was the church camp or summerschool well guess what i ended up in summerschool and my sister well she goes to the church camp well now I'd rather be at church how I hate trig

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with Asherlee on this, brush up on some of the information and be prepared to defend your views with logic. If you are respectful of them and their views, that may encourage them to be respectful of your views as well.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

That seems nice Carlie but not gonna happen.
The church is not going to listen to a kid talking about such a thing.

Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

I would love to b e forced to go to a church camp,so that I could endlessly question and ridicule the religion.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Obviously you have'nt been to one.
We had horrifying reports of American christian camps here in France. I'm a Christian and I'm really discusted and horrified by the brainwash they impose on the children!

Timegoesby
Timegoesby
1,006 posts
Nomad

Church camp isn't bad, you play games and make friends like at any camp.

Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

Calm is french?that explains alot o.O.sorry for the spam =/

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I went to a church camp once because my cousin was a counselor, and it wasn't bad. I just sort of kept quiet. I wasn't going around saying 'I don't think I believe in this', because at that point I was still unsure of my beliefs. They did not force anything on me. It was actually a very friendly and supportive environment. I am sure not all are that nice however.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

I went to a church camp once because my cousin was a counselor, and it wasn't bad. I just sort of kept quiet. I wasn't going around saying 'I don't think I believe in this', because at that point I was still unsure of my beliefs. They did not force anything on me. It was actually a very friendly and supportive environment. I am sure not all are that nice however.

Depending on which religion the camp mainly is, most wont ever try to force anything on you. If you were to go to a preacher/priest/rabbi most will accept that you don't have faith and will try to show you a way to examine life with a supreme being to see if you can understand it. I can't say for sure it's like that, but I know quite a few are. But then there are always the religious freaks that want to push their religion down every one's throats.
Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Swift, if I were ur parents Id make u go to. I wish I could go to church camp!

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok guys im back, I actully had a good time, not with the activites (except tubing) i had fun with messing with people's minds. For example when it was time for worship i would walk in with a slipknot or dothklock band t-shirt (not the most christians things in the world =D)
I did use Ash's idea in debating on a few people, but maninly i just messed with them

Showing 16-28 of 28