ForumsThe TavernWho will be the next Mod?

9 2373
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Who do you think is going to become the next mod, and why? I think kingryan will probably be the next mod, or maybe gregweeler.

• 9 Replies
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

First of all gregweeler got banned..(I think). Theres no real way of telling who the next mod will be because it takes a lot of time for mods to decide.

1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

i think plokkey or ialwaysswin will be the next mod because they help out new users, are a high rank, and are very active on the forums

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2005/smallmalf2zq9.pngJoin the Sig Strikers

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

First of all, mods are the people who choose the mods and the general community never have the same ideas of "who should be the next mod" as the mods. First of all it takes more than being helpful to be a mod and knowing the rules... a lot more.

Anyways this will get locked, this topic is against the rules and if you want to read up on mods you will hear about how to become one (and maybe you will rethink who might be the next mod) if you go to this thread... <(^.^)>

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Let me clear up the first paragraph...

The curent mods choose the new mods. The generall public always have ideas of who should be the next mod but they never have the same people in mind as the current mods. This is because it takes more than being on alot, being high ranked, and helping people to become a mod.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, gregweeler has been banned for quite a while. And it is really hard to say who will be the next mod.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Yeah, you dont know who it will be. You dont know what the other Mods/Admins are thinking.

chaozmachinesbro
chaozmachinesbro
20 posts
Nomad

Very True.... but it makes you wonder..................

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yes it does. Look at what kind of people strop and carlie are. They are muture, ressponsible,everything! (Just the first mods that poped into my head.)

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Who do you think is going to become the next mod, and why? I think kingryan will probably be the next mod, or maybe gregweeler.

Just to clarify here... GregWeeler has been permanently banned from this site.

Also, we are very picky about who we choose to become moderators. More often than not, we do not agree with users on who should become the next moderator. We have a few different standards, and hold certain things higher. It does not matter what a users rank is, in fact, you will notice that there is only one mod/admin that is on the Top 10.

This is because it takes more than being on alot, being high ranked, and helping people to become a mod.

Very true! He has the right idea with this.

-

So, I am going to lock down this topic, because I don't want to see peoples hopes getting raised through speculation on this thread. I will say however, that I think we have a fine moderation team going right now. We are not looking to expand at the time being. We will ask people to be moderators when we feel they are ready.
Showing 1-9 of 9