Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Christian vs Mormon

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 12:28pm

turret

turret

1,677 posts

i live in  a place were there are barely any christians and some people hate me because im not mormon

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 2:16pm

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

I have some Mormon friends and their parents are really strict. But they were really nice.

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 2:47pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Both are nonsene, Christianity just a little less so. Atleast Christians tell you that you can almost certainly get into the promised land if you repent and behave all nice. Mormons want you to join, but they believe that only a few people are going to be allowed in. They also do not let blood transfusions. The follies are too many to list...Plus they go door-to-door and walk the streets peddling their religion. Because, you know, I was just waiting for someone to walk up to my house and give me a religion.

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 3:20pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

What are we trying to reach in this topic? I'm just not sure what to comment on.  Do you want to know opinions on the religion of Mormons or compare their features? I don't think it's a good idea to make a topic to cut it down, though.

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 3:52pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Well..then either cut both down or bolster each ones defences up. Give and take, take and give.

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 4:31pm

notataco

notataco

197 posts

haha nice XD
but im with asherlee on this do we compare the religions or something? or should we be like witch one is best?

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 4:49pm

fride76

fride76

139 posts

lol this topic is a joke

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 5:03pm

Paba16

Paba16

238 posts

ummm this is kind of stupid you know because the latter day saints are a christian religon

and does religion really matter the most important thing is your spirituality which is your own private realtionship with your higher power

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 6:14pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

If you want to split hairs about what kind of religion it is, then Christianity is a Jewish religion. Without the Jewish folk, there would of been no Jesus Christ. How is that for splitting hairs?

Yes. Yes it does matter. Without these kind of posts, how would we find out which religion was best in order to choose one to follow? [/sarcasm]

Posted Feb 11, '08 at 11:21pm

turret

turret

1,677 posts

well im just sayin do you not like someone because of religon