ForumsWEPRChristian vs Mormon

21 7373
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

i live in a place were there are barely any christians and some people hate me because im not mormon

• 21 Replies
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I have some Mormon friends and their parents are really strict. But they were really nice.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Both are nonsene, Christianity just a little less so. Atleast Christians tell you that you can almost certainly get into the promised land if you repent and behave all nice. Mormons want you to join, but they believe that only a few people are going to be allowed in. They also do not let blood transfusions. The follies are too many to list...Plus they go door-to-door and walk the streets peddling their religion. Because, you know, I was just waiting for someone to walk up to my house and give me a religion.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

What are we trying to reach in this topic? I'm just not sure what to comment on. Do you want to know opinions on the religion of Mormons or compare their features? I don't think it's a good idea to make a topic to cut it down, though.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well..then either cut both down or bolster each ones defences up. Give and take, take and give.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

haha nice XD
but im with asherlee on this do we compare the religions or something? or should we be like witch one is best?

fride76
fride76
93 posts
Nomad

lol this topic is a joke

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

ummm this is kind of stupid you know because the latter day saints are a christian religon

and does religion really matter the most important thing is your spirituality which is your own private realtionship with your higher power

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If you want to split hairs about what kind of religion it is, then Christianity is a Jewish religion. Without the Jewish folk, there would of been no Jesus Christ. How is that for splitting hairs?

Yes. Yes it does matter. Without these kind of posts, how would we find out which religion was best in order to choose one to follow? [/sarcasm]

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well im just sayin do you not like someone because of religon

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

You mean do I personally, or is it right to do so? In both cases it's a no, so I guess it doesn't matter. I have some mormon friends, and they aren't crazy preachers or anything. Their religion is definitely more present in their life than my own is in mine, but I disagree with some of their beliefs, and they with mine, but we get along just fine. In fact, Mormons are sometimes more agreeable than certain christians, but not because of their religion, I just plain don't like the people.

Blakboiballa
Blakboiballa
65 posts
Nomad

christians own. enough said

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

What is that supposed to mean? Should I add you to my list o' people I don't like? I hope not.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah that was weird

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Seriously Turret, I wouldn't worry about not being mormon. Religion is just a personal belief about how the world works or how life should be lived, and it's wrong to force that on someone else.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

It should not matter is you are or not any of the numerous religions out there. It is not like the Spanish Inquisition is still around. I mean, although nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, that time was long ago. The times or killing Christians is done. No more Holocaust. But maybe that is what we need? Another senseless killing off of a random religion just to prove to people that such differences are petty.

Showing 1-15 of 21