12 2834
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Bacon or sausage?

I think bacon because it tastes better.

<-*-><-*-><-*->

There is an infinate number of ideas you could come up with to creat a "this vs that" thread. Hamburgers or cheeseburgers, cats or dogs, this band vs that band, this band vs that other band, apples or oranges, Superman or Batman, ninjas vs pirates, acoustic vs electric, Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings, Pepsi or Coke?

Ok, there are many possible ways to creat this vs that threads... but what is the problem with this vs that threads?

Read the very top. I asked which one is better, bacon or sausage. Now try to think of a reply that requires a decent level of thought. Think of a way to reply were you use more than three sentences... hardly anybody writes more than two.

Ok, so there are a few short comments, spam or not, they are only for fun. No need to get annoyed.

The reason why I am against "This vs That" threads is because they are the biggest gatherings for spam and not only are people getting cheap points this way, but they are also bumping down more intelligent posts! Bumping them down and back.

<-*-><-*-><-*->

I beleive that "This vs That" threads need to meet a certain critaria. Rules must be set.

1. This vs That threads should not be too specific. Example, instead of "Spiderman vs The Green Goblin" make a thread "Heros vs Villains".

2. The starting post should always be at least a full paragraph long (or at least 4 sentences). They should re-explain what the "this vs" that is about, give an example, give a reason, give your own opinion, and encourage others to state a reason as well.

3. If you are going to respond to a "This vs That", state your answer and write more than just a sentence! Talk about why you think so and suport the reason why. Tell a story about why or give examples why. Don't simply say things like "Villains. Because they are cooler". An example of a decent reply would be:

I think villains are cooler than heros. They get a cool evil laugh and better outfits. Also, they just have so much more fun! Heros always have to follow cerain lame rules and must be carefull to not hurt anybody or destroy more than what it's worth.

4. Make fun topics. Don't make topics that are boring like "Bacon or Sausage". Lets face it... that is a very boring topic. Make something fun, something were people can get a little goofy with their answers. Don't ask little trivial questions like "what kind of food do you like?" or "what is your favorite day?"

There are good threads out there and the last thing everybody wants is to see their thread die quickly, the thread they spent their time on thinking of ways to make it inturesting and intelligent, just to watch it get bumped back by stupid trivial questions.

Also can we stop having so many "this video game vs that video game" threads? The only this vs that video game threads that make sence are threads that compare games of the same genre. First Person Shooter vs First Person Shoorter, or Platformer vs Platformer. Comparing Halo to Super Mario for example is completely lame and just makes no sence what so ever! They are two different types of games... like comparing apples to black holes... ya, doesn't make much sence does it?

so I add rule number...

5. All this vs that threads under Video Games should compare two video games of the same genra.

<-*-><-*-><-*->

Everything above is just an idea of rules. I would realy like to see less "This vs That" threads.
  • 12 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 12