ForumsWEPRDoping in Beijing

5 2489
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone,
I heard on the BBC today that of the approximately 10,000 olympic contestants, the olympic committee will only be able to conduct around 4000 tests for doping, (the use of performance enhancers). The committee is also worried about the potential for large amounts of doping this time around is quite high, much higher than in past competitions.

What are your feelings about doping?

Should it be made legal, due to its popularity?

(if this has been threaded in the past, I apologise.)

• 5 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Should it be made legal, due to its popularity?

Hell no. You cant make it legal and just make it ok.
Not everyone uses performance enhancers. Those who do are being unfair to the others. If it were made legal then even more would use them and it would be worse for those who don't.
And plus, they cause health problems just like every other drug.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

I don't care at all about the Olympics this year. China is a brutal dictatorship who supports genocidal governments everywhere. I hope everyone cheats to ruin the Olympics this year.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Just because of China you want no Olympics o.O?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Now if performance enhancers were a regular thing, and were hindered to a certain point AND weren't harmful to the body, then I would let it go, but we all know that none of those will happen.

Athletes should be sent to the Olympics because of their brute athletic ability instead of your status after taking performance enhancers. It is just like cheating, so would you allow cheating in a game? NO.

@thelistman, you can't just bash China because it is different, no matter how messed up it is. The Olympics shouldn't take the tole of China's doings.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

But how can it be stopped?
Doping officials have admitted that they cannot control the amount of doping used in sports.
They dont have the technology or the money to keep up with the enhancers coming out.
The same article I heard this about said that two scientists who were paid very well to come up with anti-doping tests were actually manufacturing blood boosters on the side BASED on what they were finding developing tests to CATCH blood boosters!

Showing 1-5 of 5