ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314964
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

why can't I say R-a-p-e?? lol

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Well,i'm not sure if I believe in Abortion or note. If the woman was sexually active against her will and the baby would remind her of the scary moment I do believe it is perfectly fine. But if it was an accidental pregnancy then I don't believe it is fine. I know that is very confusing but I hope you understand.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

I think you should be a slight bit thankful your mother chose to have you instead of her right to abort you.

But if she had then he wouldn't be here to discuss it and it wouldn't make a difference because he wouldn't have existed.

Once again the only issue here is, do we have a right to tell others what the can and can not do with there own bodies. It's like sodomy being made illegal once again, which kind of looks like it could happen. Do we really have the right to tell people what they can't do? And if it's illegal do you charge a woman who aborted her three week blob of cells with murder? Would you tie her to a bed to prevent her from using the coat hanger on herself?

And what about the woman who are bleeding to death because of the coat hanger treatment because they can't go to the hospital because they might be charged with what? Homicide? Manslaughter?
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Well, like I've posted before...If women aren't allowed to control their uteri because a fetus needs it, then organ donation becomes compulsory on two different fields: ageism and sexism.

If you want to not have a say in giving up your kidney, go for it. Other than that, please, continue denying woman civil liberties.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

abortion,just have the baby put it up for adoption!! OMG WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT?

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

abortion,just have the baby put it up for adoption!! OMG WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT?

Yes of course. How dare an assaulted woman wish to rid herself of the thing that was caused by her assault. Because you can not make a distinction. If you consider a blob of goo a baby then you can not claim it's not a baby if a woman is assaulted. All I see is people screaming it's wrong but get really quiet in the case of rape or incest. No one wants to force a rape victim to carry the child but if you outlaw abortion then you'd have to outlaw it in every case. Because you can't call a mistake fetus living and a assault fetus not living. So who wants to pass a law enforcing that? Anybody want to tell a woman she must carry it even though the means if its creation was violent?

Obviously, we should add more children to the already over bloated foster system to languish and, more likely then not, never find a real home. More children to grow up with abuse and then lead a crummy life because of said abuse. But by all means, force woman to become incubators and bare unwanted and unloved children. Because every blob of goo is precious.

Why does no one ever care what happens to it after it actually becomes a person?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Why does no one ever care what happens to it after it actually becomes a person?

Win.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I have a question.

What if a pregnant woman dies being killed in some way like a shooting,do they count the fetis(baby)?

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

What if a pregnant woman dies being killed in some way like a shooting,do they count the fetis(baby)?

In legal terms it depends on the age of the fetus and on the state which the assault happens. Fetal Homicide Laws from state to state.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well,then doctors are the biggest murderes of all time..and a fetus is a fetus,unless its heads sticking out of the "Storks little bag thing" then it should not be considered alive..because you never know,the baby mightve died within 1 minute prior to birth. and uhh..yeah thats my case..im NOT for abortion,if its cuz your a teenage you-know,then deal with it! or just kindly out it for adoption..my town we have a christian hospital where abortions are not alowed,so you must drive farther for about 3 hours then sign then go through crap..and pay even more thn what you wouldve if you were just to have the dang baby.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Drace, the reason the fetus looks like that is because a solution is injected to dissolve it. Keep in mind, YOU looked like that too. I think you should be a slight bit thankful your mother chose to have you instead of her right to abort you.

Ehh no...
Its a fresh aborted embyro 6-7 weeks after pregnancy.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Because a Christians job of saving God's precious gift is done. He chooses what is done with it when it comes out.
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Well,then doctors are the biggest murderes of all time

Tell that to the thousands people whose lives are saves by doctors everyday.

and a fetus is a fetus,unless its heads sticking out of the "Storks little bag thing" then it should not be considered alive..because you never know,the baby mightve died within 1 minute prior to birth. and uhh..yeah thats my case

Storks little bag thing?

im NOT for abortion,if its cuz your a teenage you-know,then deal with it! or just kindly out it for adoption..my town we have a christian hospital where abortions are not alowed,so you must drive farther for about 3 hours then sign then go through crap..and pay even more thn what you wouldve if you were just to have the dang baby.

What? Do you know how money is involved with having then raising a baby? It's ends up being something like one million dollars over eighteen years. Not to mention the physical toll on the woman's body. So the price of gas to get to the clinic is absolutely nothing in terms of the price of letting it form into a person.

And again I ask why is yet another sixteen year old mother on welfare a good thing?
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

What? Do you know how money is involved with having then raising a baby? It's ends up being something like one million dollars over eighteen years. Not to mention the physical toll on the woman's body. So the price of gas to get to the clinic is absolutely nothing in terms of the price of letting it form into a person.
And again I ask why is yet another sixteen year old mother on welfare a good thing?

thats why i said to give the baby up for adoption..

and the storks little bag..for the young kids.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Because a Christians job of saving God's precious gift is done. He chooses what is done with it when it comes out.

lol, playing devil's advocate are we?

Well,then doctors are the biggest murderes of all time.

It's true. In the course of our jobs we are almost guaranteed to kill at least one patient.

Wait up a moment, what is this "murdering" supposed to mean? See, the cultural rules that govern the world of medical practice are slightly different because we have to be able to deliver service to not just any one cross-section of culture, but to all. Therefore despite personal beliefs, regardless of whether each of us agrees or does not agree to doing an abortion we are not allowed to withhold it unless we are legally obliged to, however this may be the case.

The other cases where doctors may, in reality, "kill" their patient is through a decision with negative outcomes but based on best possible practice, poor judgment or error, criminal negligence, and then many, if the doctor is really a psycho who shouldn't be practicing, murder.

In short be careful how you use the term "murder", although that said I do suppose that's the big buzzword in this debate.
Showing 661-675 of 1508