ForumsProgramming ForumGame Open for Play-testing

27 9418
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I'm working on a new game and I'm pretty far along. I think it still needs some features though and I'm kind of stuck. If you give me valuable feedback, you will ew put in the credits.

Play it Here
Controls are easy: Mouse to rotate.

Thanks!

• 27 Replies
Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

some suggestions

first be able to change the color of the ball in the center

second some like upgrades like at the end of the level be able to like buy items that slow down the balls or one that gives you more points

third a differnt background its really boring

and fourth a highscore thing for all time highest or highest of the day

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I'll make the ball's color changeable.
I don't think upgrades will work, but I'll see if I can make power-ups.
I'll try to add some more effects to spice up the background.
And a high score table will be there for sur.

Thanks!

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

no problem i like your games

you should also get some really good techno on in there

and power ups is what i mean by upgrades

al so what would be cool is if you could change the color of the little moving thingy...lol sorry for the great descrpition

so do i get put in the credits now??

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

What kind of techno is good? Are there any links you could give me? I'll see about making the paddle customizable too.

And yeah, you'll be in the credits.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Very nice! I like your style dank!

A few suggestions though:

I would agree that having different ball colors would be cool, especially if they started getting all crazy when the music really starts going.

It would help add another dimension to the game if you added powerups. They could do things such as make your bars longer so that it is easier to catch the balls, make your colors change, etc. You can use your creativity here!

Also, is there a way to condense the music a little more? It doesn't take a very long time, but it would be nicer if the levels loaded faster. I am assuming that it is the sound files that are slowing it down some.

A background that changed colors (not too obnoxiously) might mix it up a bit too.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

No wonder you like it. Most of the effects are based on some of John's.
I'll try spawning the balls (I call them notes) in different colors according to the music. I'd like to add long notes, but it's my first time around in AS3 so I'm trying not to get too deep.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

it is a fun game, ya power-ups will make it better, and some color change such as the others suggested would make it more interesting and addicting, for the power-ups type idea if you add it may i also add that it would make it more fun and interesting if there also like power-downs that make your bars smaller, make you lose points, or make the balls coming faster, and make it so you have to try to avoid the bad ones, maybe make them big with like a skull in the middle since they hurt you, and they do load slower than most people are used to but it still isn't that slow, and if in the final one if you had a help part on the main screen to explain the different power-ups and bad items, this would make it easier to understand, and the bad items would help for the final difficulty's to make it take some real skill, thats about all i can think off

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

That is one big sentence :P

SeoMX
SeoMX
89 posts
Nomad

Nice game, I really liked it, you could make some power-ups of some kind, and better graphics would be nice, but really its a really good game!!

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

awsome that will be cool

well
darude
cascada
Dj Sammy
dj tracy young
dj lio
ummmm and this song called field of dreams

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

darude
dj sammy
tracy young
mindless self indulgence
dj lio
dj hipnotic
and this song called feild of dreams

zombie_killa
zombie_killa
21 posts
Nomad

i thought dat game was da shit. almost as good as guitar hero 1.

zombie_killa
zombie_killa
21 posts
Nomad

you should add these songs by mindless self indulgence

shut me up
bring the pain
mastermind (off brand new cd)
london bridge
i'm your problem now
kick the bucket
london bridge