Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Game Open for Play-testing

Posted Feb 20, '08 at 12:44pm

yo619

yo619

140 posts

The How To button doesnt work neither does the credits or more games button.

Posted Feb 20, '08 at 8:21pm

methelod

methelod

49 posts

It could use a pause button and maybe some more songs.

Posted Mar 4, '08 at 7:04pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

648 posts

Woo! my paddle idea made it. You get way too much of the ability in my opinion. I also like the new powerups. What an improvement. Can't wait to see it finished. I think there should be a powerup that destroys all the dots on the stage for minimum points.

Posted Mar 4, '08 at 10:33pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,855 posts

Some thoughts:

It's a great idea, first off.  The main thing I would really like to see are the notes meshing up with the music.
In fact, I'm not sure I like the mouse control.  You could use 4 or 8 directions from the center for different notes, so perhaps bass notes would all go south, mids and rhythm stuff would go left or right and the melody would go north.  Then you could use the directional keys and have an immediate response to where the bar needs to be in order to catch the notes.
The pulsating and flashing of the middle meshes well with the beat, so it seems reasonable that you could make it less chaotic.
If you don't like the different parts of the song going different directions, then perhaps just have the notes come out wherever, just in time with the music.  There would be fewer notes on easier songs, but I think it would get the player "warmed up."

Posted Mar 4, '08 at 11:39pm

chiliad_nodi

chiliad_nodi

648 posts

I like the mouse control. It would just be another DDR or Guitar hero mockery if you had set directions. Also the flashing in the middle is how we keep up with the music. It tells us when to be there.

Posted Mar 9, '08 at 1:40pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

the musi is very good but really dont know what to do.but keep going very nice game

Posted Mar 9, '08 at 6:12pm

Assassination17

Assassination17

20 posts

Really good game, some parts are pretty tough, but the whole thing is pretty addicting. You should actually put on levels, like Easy, Normal and Hard. And some hardcore rock would help get more players (Sorry if its already in there, I only played a couple of levels.)There should be one more thing though, make a game mode where you cant miss a single dot. And some cheering and flashing would be awesome at the end of the song if you get a good score, booing at the end if you get a bad score. Now, I dont mind if you dont put my name in the credits, but I would appreciate it if you did. :)

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 11:47am

Wolf707

Wolf707

47 posts

Its pretty cool and all but no notes apeared on "Rose"

Posted Mar 10, '08 at 11:57am

Wolf707

Wolf707

47 posts

or any unlockable song

Reply to Game Open for Play-testing

You must be logged in to post a reply!