ForumsProgramming ForumGame Open for Play-testing

27 9421
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I'm working on a new game and I'm pretty far along. I think it still needs some features though and I'm kind of stuck. If you give me valuable feedback, you will ew put in the credits.

Play it Here
Controls are easy: Mouse to rotate.

Thanks!

• 27 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

I liked it

To reveiw from others what I liked:

avoid some bad balls
power-ups
new background
Don't sacrifice music quality for time, Don't condense

My own tips:

I is pretty original
needs to have more layers. It would be nice if three were always active and the rest not. then you change the tree active ones.

Try putting more songs in if oyu want to make it longer

You should have a save feature so you don't have to unlock every song every time.

Try to use mouseDown for a supershield. This activates and lenthens all paddles. this should only be allowed for three seconds in the song.

I hope this helps, I would like to see this game on armorgames soon.
It is really good!

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

hmm i like the paddle thing too man this game is going to be sick when it come out dank

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

GOOD! Avoid copyright issues, chances are they will probably catch you. I have had a few friends run into those issues before. The Newgrounds Audio Portal is an excellent option.

yo619
yo619
131 posts
Nomad

When you click and the thing gets bigger you should be able to do that longer because it doesnt last very long.

yo619
yo619
131 posts
Nomad

The How To button doesnt work neither does the credits or more games button.

methelod
methelod
49 posts
Nomad

It could use a pause button and maybe some more songs.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Woo! my paddle idea made it. You get way too much of the ability in my opinion. I also like the new powerups. What an improvement. Can't wait to see it finished. I think there should be a powerup that destroys all the dots on the stage for minimum points.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Some thoughts:

It's a great idea, first off. The main thing I would really like to see are the notes meshing up with the music.
In fact, I'm not sure I like the mouse control. You could use 4 or 8 directions from the center for different notes, so perhaps bass notes would all go south, mids and rhythm stuff would go left or right and the melody would go north. Then you could use the directional keys and have an immediate response to where the bar needs to be in order to catch the notes.
The pulsating and flashing of the middle meshes well with the beat, so it seems reasonable that you could make it less chaotic.
If you don't like the different parts of the song going different directions, then perhaps just have the notes come out wherever, just in time with the music. There would be fewer notes on easier songs, but I think it would get the player "warmed up."

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

I like the mouse control. It would just be another DDR or Guitar hero mockery if you had set directions. Also the flashing in the middle is how we keep up with the music. It tells us when to be there.

Assassination17
Assassination17
20 posts
Nomad

Really good game, some parts are pretty tough, but the whole thing is pretty addicting. You should actually put on levels, like Easy, Normal and Hard. And some hardcore rock would help get more players (Sorry if its already in there, I only played a couple of levels.)There should be one more thing though, make a game mode where you cant miss a single dot. And some cheering and flashing would be awesome at the end of the song if you get a good score, booing at the end if you get a bad score. Now, I dont mind if you dont put my name in the credits, but I would appreciate it if you did.

Wolf707
Wolf707
46 posts
Nomad

Its pretty cool and all but no notes apeared on "Rose"

Wolf707
Wolf707
46 posts
Nomad

or any unlockable song

Showing 16-27 of 27