Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The Reformed World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc., Guide to Success

Posted Apr 13, '09 at 1:46pm

BigP08

BigP08

1,469 posts

People who go on wikipedia probably don't purposely post false information, but it isn't a very reliable source all the same.

Posted Apr 23, '09 at 5:58pm

Programpro

Programpro

588 posts

Bad grammar, and wrong spellings would make me loose that interest and respect for the post.

Lol did Estel intend to misspell "lose" when he posted this thread?

Posted Jun 3, '09 at 11:34am

hend6

hend6

29 posts

Spelling and Grammar
This may seem optional, but I would respect an opinion so much more if I could understand it. Not only understand it, but I would respect a post that has the look of hard work. Bad grammar, and wrong spellings would make me loose that interest and respect for the post.

Perhaps this is nit-picky (or this was written in some English/British dialect that I'm unaware of) but shouldn't it be 'lose that interest' rather than 'loose that interest'?

Posted Jun 3, '09 at 11:39am

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

'loose that interest'?

No, because "loose" means not firmly in place, and "lose" means cease to have.

Posted Jun 3, '09 at 2:50pm

DDX

DDX

3,680 posts

o derp, I'm retarded, I didn't read carefully.

You are right hend6.

Posted Aug 17, '09 at 3:31am

soldier7

soldier7

149 posts

i agree with the spelling and grammar everyone should use their best grammar and spelling but people dont be afraid if you make a small spelling mistake as long as your reply or article had good grammar and most of the spelling is good

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 12:23pm

Pixie214

Pixie214

6,021 posts

Perhaps this is nit-picky (or this was written in some English/British dialect that I'm unaware of) but shouldn't it be 'lose that interest' rather than 'loose that interest'?

I think it might have been a grammar/spelling based joke though I may be giving Estel too much credit :P

Posted Sep 19, '09 at 6:37pm

Crab65

Crab65

338 posts

Stickies appear to get spammed more than any other topics for some reason.

Posted Jan 11, '10 at 5:20am

TonyTaurus

TonyTaurus

4 posts

I totally agree with this 100% especially the Courtesy section.
great post :)

Posted Mar 24, '10 at 1:20pm

wajor59

wajor59

935 posts

I've read this thread OP before, I just didn't feel the need to respond since everything mentioned makes common sense.

But I do feel the need to thank everyone who contributed to the OP and thanks to the administrators who have left this thread open for so long.
It would be great if everyone would refresh their memory by re-reading these simple suggestions.

Reply to The Reformed World Events, Politics, Religion, Etc., Guide to Success

You must be logged in to post a reply!