ForumsWEPROne Man's theory, Another Man's 3.

17 3404
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Theres actually more I cant think of. *Wishes there was a edit button*

David Humes Theory

The power of his thought stems from a remarkably compact and incisive analysis of the human mind. Hume asks the reader to reflect on the contents of your own mind. You will find there many types of mental activity that you can group in various ways: perceptions, feelings, ideas, beliefs, emotions, expectations, doubts, and so on. Hume argued that all of these -- indeed everything that can be contained in the mind -- are reducible to two types of perceptions (any content of the mind of which we are conscious). These are impressions and ideas.

An impression is a perception which involves actual sensation, such as seeing, feeling, tasting. hearing.

An idea is a mental perception which arises by thinking of something, rather than by experiencing it.

He said that ideas comes from impressions, or by mental perceptions by combining simpler ideas and forming more complex ones.

Now I take this theory and came up with 5 of my own.

1. Life experience affects just about everything.

You are not born born with a personality or just about anything else that takes place in the mind you can think of, such as stupidity, but rather comes through life experience.

Humor is a great example. Practice makes perfect. In anything you do...
The more ideas you have, the easier it should be to form new ones.
You are only funny because you practice it. I don't mean you talk to yourself but whenever your out hanging out with friends and making jokes up. So once you make up a joke, that idea stays in your head. The next time it will be easier to combine ideas.

This also explains why people have different personalities. People continuously use the ideas already in their head to form new ones. Those ideas formed are still quite similar. Thats what personality is.
Also explains the style of humor.

Now see I came up with these theories of my own because I had David theory always on my mind, so I formed ideas from that.

More you consume, smarter/funnier/cooler you will be.

___

Yes, I even believe we are not born stupid. I make my point without scientific data. But understand I'm using logic. Math is used define logical things. For example, 1=1 represents one is equal of the same object is the same as the other. Now you are either wrong or right in this type of thing. 1 either = to 1 or 1 does not equal to one..

I believe we are born of the same brains, except for those with illnesses, and through living, minds can become corrupted. We must help each other to prevent these things.

This is a strong thing I do not want to let go of. Gives me dreams of a beautiful society.

3. There is many things we cannot think of.

We have not seen many many things, we have not have had every idea in our head, we have not lived long enough to take our perspectives to the millionth level, therefore we have no idea of many things.

We ask how can God just poof things? How you ever looked outside of this universe?

There can be the most obvious things around us that can solve many of our problems but we just can't think of them.

4. No free will

I just thought of this today. We have no free will. I remember it was argued on Gods plan because it eliminated free will. Well we don't have free will in the first place. Scary thought huh?

Well lets start from your birth and take your imaginary free will all the way up.

Ok you are born. You don't control where your born, or what happens when you are being born. You may be born with deficiencies or not.

Gets MUCH scarier

BOO!

Ok EVEN scarier.
If 1 is true might not want to read the rest.

So life experience controls many things. Even your thoughts. Ok your 5 now, happy birthday! Experience you had before will control you.
If you have abusive parents, your not going to turn out so good and I predict if you could copy that EXACT life experience, someone will turn out EXACTLY the same.

And it would have to be exactly, because the littlest things can change your life through a chain reaction.

Now how do I say that past experiences control you?
Because past experiences will have an affect on you.
If I was a super uber expert, by looking at what you post to this, I could tell your whole life experience.

So what you think while reading this depends on your life experience. What you are thinking right now is destined to happen, because you went through those life experiences. Your brain is gonna create thought on the past experiences you had. This seems to be a rough way to put it, but it seems so pure in my mind. If you had all the ideas in my head, you would think the same way.
The joy of living is getting to feel the experiences.

Now this isn't meant to change anyones life but I find it interesting.

And actually, I'm sure #1 is correct, but 3 needs some work.

Still wishes there was a edit button.
  • 17 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Haha I'm guessing not too many people read this because it is too long.

Should of game it a better title and more specific title at least.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Because things must work in a logical order.

Free will would be just doing things out of no where.
Thats why I say, there is a reason behind everything you do, except for those which are determined by luck.

__

Sorry for also posting it here, but the topic was going on in like 3 topics, so I wanted to move it here.

Showing 16-17 of 17