ForumsSupport ForumWhat is a mod and how do i become one

17 5831
royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

what is a mod and is it good to be one and how do i become one.

• 17 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

A mod helps moderate the site, and if you would like to become one, you need to contact Dan and let him know you would like to be considered.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

A few tips I gathered from being a forum usual all over the internet.

1.Asking to be a moderator pretty much blows your chances of being one and making a thread about it makes things even harder.

2.Stay in a site long enough and you might get the position, but if you don`t,ranting about it will make things worse.

3.Report - if you are good at reporting people then you will be good at moderating too.Being a good citizen in the community alone won`t gain you that rank.

And a personal tip from me:

Read the rules, because this topic isn`t where it should be and becoming a mod is clearly explained in John(jmtb02) FAQ.

shirt82
shirt82
4 posts
Nomad

another good way 2 become a mod is 2 report people 4 breaking the rules but not 2over do it and report evrything u see know wat i mean

royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

ty guys

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

For instance report posts like the one shirt82 made.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

You really don't have to say things like that, Nqkoi. He was just trying to help. That will get your chances erased from the list too.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

MMO talk is bound to ruin a community.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

ya i no. bt atlst he tryd 2 hlp.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

hahahaha dank you funny man

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

oi there's a list!?O.o

-(that's just weird XD)-

and i have a suggestion, don't be all grumpy to everything! I'vev met people on many forums who aren't very nice for no reason at all, if you're like that, then nobody will like you, plus you're not going to be a very good mod if you yell at evereyone for being themselves, or so

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

i think in armor games you might be a mod if you get a bunch of merrits, i think that might help a little.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Well merrits prove you make good comments not that you report people.And to dank, lolololol I pwn yo!!1111!!oneone!!

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

... i think this might ruin a lot of other posts after people read this... because i'm pretty sure alot of people might get this idea in their heads, though i hope not...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

so far I only know 2 moderators

Heki
Heki
9 posts
Nomad

So far I know none.

Showing 1-15 of 17