ForumsSupport ForumSports topics should have a proper catagory

13 2777
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I though someone talked about this, and I didn't know what happened to it. I thought that it was a brilliant idea.

• 13 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sports? This is a video game site. The Antithesis of sports! Plus I don't think it would be too popular in my opinion.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Remember, we also have a music & Movies, and a writing category, too. The way you're making it sound is that you want those categories taken out.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Not really. It's just the exact opposite of playing video games is sports, not writing or movies. Plus our writing is popular and movies are just as a lazy thing as games. Sports, I doubt will strike our forums very well not because video games are the opposite, I am sure tons of people like sports. But because

a) there isn't THAT much to talk about in sports, sure there will always be a topic or two that are good but it's just not that striking, there is only so much things to talk about.

b) AG just doesn't strike me as the type of place that would do well with a sports forum

c) sports forums never work. anywhere but a sports site. period.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

There are lots of People who play sports on this site. I am in full agreement with thepyro222. It is a very good idea.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Just use "The Tavern".
Like Kalus said, there isn't much to say about sports. New section isn't necessary.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I see Soccer and Football ect in the Tavern anything about sprts put it in the Tavern!

ArmourGames
ArmourGames
57 posts
Nomad

We don't really I mean it is a gaming site so why do we need a Sports section?

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I think it's a cool idea

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I suggested this before and I thought it would be a good idea, but as they said, there isn't much to say. THere are only so much possible conversations.

SPORT VS. SPORT
A recent game
team vs team
favorite sport
history of sports

That is pretty much it O-O

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

yea i think there should be a sports one

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We have toyed around with this idea before, but the fact is there isn't enough interest in a Sports Forum. There really aren't very many sports threads on the site, and the few that are fit well in the Tavern.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea Carlie is right!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

For example... I just flipped through the most recent 5 pages of the Tavern, and there were only 3-4 topics in those 5 pages that had something to do with sports. The demand just isn't high enough. We don't often split threads. Think back to the big game forum split. One of the reasons that we finally decided to make Forum Games its own forum was because there were so many topics on it that it was starting to push things outta the Tavern. It was pretty much turning the Tavern into a Forum Games forum already.

So unless we have some major interest for it, it just isn't going to happen And don't get any ideas to try making more so that we will have to expand to another forum ;-P I am a step ahead of ya! And I will keep my eye out for such deception... lol.

Showing 1-13 of 13