ForumsWEPRHow far will science progress?

25 4108
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Many think that we will continue to progress in science, but I believe they are missing one factor.

Complexity of further discoveries.

Our brains are not born to adapt to the scientific environment around us. This means that the further we progress, the less the average human would know about science.

Everyone used to know the same about science. Now, only a few know and that is in their major only. Through progression, we would have to create bunch of subs for these majors.

If we go far enough, and things become really complicated...we would need bunch of people just to understand one piece of technology.

• 25 Replies
Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Well I think we are doing pretty good with technology and we've advanced pretty fast, and the people who know well science that's their job we don't have to worry about it there's people that can do that job or not and there's always new ones that take over

many people have different brains of understanding things and some don't and those who do understand science and want to learn and get involved they can take care of that and we can do what we are good at at understanding things

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Such, as our knowledge base expands, our ability to learn will expand, the speed at which we learn will expand, our life span will expand and thus, the speed at which our knowledge base expands will most likely remain constant throughout the entire existence of man.

Wow wow wow...our base knowledge does not expand.
SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Yeah and hardly anyone in High sch
ool understand it. So its no achievement at all, just a rule change.[/quote]

That's not true at all. I took calc last year along with about 200 other students and at least 40 of them ha a firm understanding of basic calculus by the end of the year. That's about 2% of my school. But you have to understand 2% of high school kids learning calculus could easily represent a generation of mathematicians so it's not a figure to scoff at.

Wow wow wow...our base knowledge does not expand.

I think he was referring to humanities base of knowledge.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Great philosophers like Hume and Leibniz went to universities at the age of 11 and the other 14...

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

That's great, there are still people that go to universities at the age of 10. I fail to see how that relates to the subject at hand.

subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

I think science will progress as far as til the world ends. After all isn't our universe infinite? And there will ALWAYS be new inventions.

ThsTorturedSoul
ThsTorturedSoul
26 posts
Nomad

@Drace: I was referring to the whole pool of knowledge that humans amass. So, yes, of course our knowledge base expands. As soon as something new is discovered, our base expands.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

They went to universities at 11 and 14 wow that's amazing

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They were born to rich families lol.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i agree with subarublu89, science will continue to progress until we destroy ourselves.

Showing 16-25 of 25