ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion for comments? Keep them longer?

32 4355
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This idea actually came from that crazy guy who caps locks everything, so I guess he IS good for something. So what I am thinking for the comments is implement a word minimum, or a character minimum. With a minimum of like 20 or 30 characters or maybe 8 words I think things could improve a lot and save a lot of hassle for the mods. There would still be spam like "adsf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf hey whats up" but it would cause some people to rethink what they are going to write. So what might have become a comment that is "Hey, what's up?" may turn into a more constructive "Hey, what's up? I am pretty good, but I am bored, ArmorGames is a bit slow today!". And someone might say they have something to say in only 7 words(which is possible) but it's not like it's a big challenge to add a few extra words. I think this would do some good for AG and drastically reduce spam conversations and such. I am thinking an 8 or 10 word minimum. Tell me what you think/or ideas to make this better. Really think this will help a ton! Hope something happens!

• 32 Replies
rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

No it didn't it came from me his idea was to just ban them straight up...

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

I just don't want him to take credit from my ideas sorry

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOL. Well actually all I did was read his title which was to keep away OK's and such and then I posted a joke about him saying BAND instead of banned. Then I thought of this idea. If you suggested in the thread I didn't read it, at all. No need to get all defensive about your idea since I didn't even read it. Just to show you I am not the only one with this idea and that it's good. I personally think it's pretty childish to want credit for this. It's like like beside the word limit it will say "Thought up by Klaushouse" or something. Geeez. Anyways still a good idea.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I think it sounds good!.............That was only 5 words! O NOESSSSSSSS!!!!

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

No i'm not being childish i'm just saying it was my idea not his

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's suppose to be - It's not like the beside the word limit it will say "Thought up by Klaushouse".

burnley4eva
burnley4eva
23 posts
Nomad

its rhys idea

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This is a really good idea, there should be a character minimum. Sure, people will just say "asahgasghsdjkgahg" but at least I won't have to see people just saying "ok" on the game comments and getting a ton of AP.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

@ Rhys

Look, as I said before it's not your idea, I did not get it from you, I got the idea from the caps lock man because his title of the thread gave me the idea. So unless you made the title of the thread I did not wrongly state got the idea from him. Stop being childish about this and just let people talk about the idea and not who first thought it up? All you wrote is one line, seriously.

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

Klaushouse you do take things abit seriously man it was only one comment

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Actually I forget where but it was a thread about 7 word posts. We found that anything under 7 usually is spam. Not sure about the seven itself so I thought maybe make it 8 words, to be safe! :P

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

And actually yes I kinnda did give him the name.....I told it to him on MSN

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Honestly will you stop it?

When I was like 5 years old, I told my mom "hey they should put yogurt in little tubes or something so you can have yogurt while walking or something!!" she laughed and told me I was crazy. Years later out came Yogurt to-go! I didn't call up the company and say "hey I thought of that once, I want credit and it's my idea". No, because that's what happens with good ideas, more than one person thinks of them. It's not like someone was listening to me and waited years to do it. No. And it's not like I did much, I suggested it. They not only did that but they fleshed out the idea, gave reasons for it and really got more into detail than me. This is a perfect example of whats going on here. So please just stop Rhys. I want people's thoughts not you're floundering around about credit.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I was so lolling at that Klaus, haha.

@burnlry and rhys, just give it up. It doesn't matter at all. What would YOU gain if you did actually give him the idea? it's just not worth complaining about.

Now this idea is a great idea. I'm not sure how this could get coded in at all, but cool to think about. Hey! Maybe it is possible! I don't know much about coding, so it is still possible!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Lol Klausehouse.

This is a great idea, does it matter who gets the credit as long as it makes AG better?

Showing 1-15 of 32