ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion for comments? Keep them longer?

32 4364
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This idea actually came from that crazy guy who caps locks everything, so I guess he IS good for something. So what I am thinking for the comments is implement a word minimum, or a character minimum. With a minimum of like 20 or 30 characters or maybe 8 words I think things could improve a lot and save a lot of hassle for the mods. There would still be spam like "adsf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf hey whats up" but it would cause some people to rethink what they are going to write. So what might have become a comment that is "Hey, what's up?" may turn into a more constructive "Hey, what's up? I am pretty good, but I am bored, ArmorGames is a bit slow today!". And someone might say they have something to say in only 7 words(which is possible) but it's not like it's a big challenge to add a few extra words. I think this would do some good for AG and drastically reduce spam conversations and such. I am thinking an 8 or 10 word minimum. Tell me what you think/or ideas to make this better. Really think this will help a ton! Hope something happens!

• 32 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Thank you Kev and Estel! :P Help much appreciate, and I really like the

does it matter who gets the credit as long as it makes AG better?

That's a movie moment. Really though if we make a Movie for AG someday that's in it FOR SURE.
But on the coding site, from my experience it should be quite simple. If it works on character you just say if characters in the string are less then 30 then can't submit. With words I am not sure how much more complicated it is, probably a bit(if not a lot). But for a seasoned coder which I am sure AG has for their site this would be quite an easy task for them. This could be implemented quite quickly!
burnley4eva
burnley4eva
23 posts
Nomad

yes i give up it doent matter whos idea it was as long as it make ag better...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

That's a movie moment.

Summer blockbuster!
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

This would be great, but a few words/comments couls say alot.

burnley4eva
burnley4eva
23 posts
Nomad

ye but then it will stop people just putting short comment to get ap.....!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Klaushouse you do take things abit seriously man it was only one comment

Have you gone to school? Do you know how to count past one? Please, just turn off the caps lock.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

burley4eva said: ye but then it will stop people just putting short comment to get ap.....!

For the love of blankets and all that is soft and cuddly! Would you please just use proper grammar and spelling!?!? It makes things SO much easier to read and understand

try reading this here before you make anymore posts

ANYWAY

Klaus, you idea is BRILLIANT, I think that it would be a GREAT idea. Although, I do not think that the character limit should be implemented in the forum games section.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

@mtim

I never said anyone should spam in it. I am just saying that some of the games do not require much, I agree that maybe the word limit should be shortened rather than taken off for the forum games section.

The only reason why I suggested this, it because I see people doing 3 and 4 word posts and the mods aren't doing anything about it. I have even seen alot of the mods make less than 7 word posts in the forum games section.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I am aware that under 7 word comments can be good. If you check out the 7wordspam thread, I was fighting FOR under 7 word stuff. I made tons of great examples. But the fact of the matter is that if you can say something constructive under 7 words it should be easy to add a few words. It's not to hard. I do not deny that 7 word comments can be good but 90% are spam and I am sure that if you make constructive 7 word comments that you wouldn't mind lengthening them a bit to help out AG and their mods A TON!

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Klaus, we are talking about the forum games section... I know that posts under 7 words are usually not constructive and usually spammy. But you did prove that you can make a constructive post in under 7 words...and it made me lol

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's correct Steevo, I misread everything.

6 words. Constructive. But you don't find this in forum games section.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

This has been brought up before, but for some reason it just has never gone through.

Xbox360guy_08
Xbox360guy_08
10 posts
Nomad

Yes that is quite a cool idea Klaus

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

you know, people couldn't spam that way.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

No, they could still spam. I really don't think it will stop a whole lot of spam. People will just post something like: 'It sucks it sucks it sucks sucks sucks' instead of 'it sucks'.

Showing 16-30 of 32