ForumsSupport ForumMake a MMORPG

26 5029
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Since theres a lot of games here, do you think AG should find or create a MMORPG game?

• 26 Replies
rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

No the files would be to big for the site

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Ok but isn't there a way to make the site bigger, or maybe AG could make a new site twinned with this one.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Think about this. MMORPG games take a LONG time to make, and how will this be moderated? Who would actually want to make it? And then we need to find a way on how to keep only AG members on it, so it can be moderated. There are so many more problems with this idea, I just can't think of them :/

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Brought up before, also an ArmorMMORPG too if that's what you meant.
Pretty funny idea I must say but it's a nay.(LOLRHYME)

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

ArmorGames is just ArmorGames. I said this before about the videos suggestion, if we made videos we wouldn't be ArmorGames. If we made some WoW wannabee nerdfest MMORPG, we wouldn't be ArmorGames. It just wouldn't work, we can't run away from the theme of the site, it would be like the new Armatars having a crapload of like spacemen and stuff. Not with the theme. Also, I'd leave if they turned AG into an MMORPG. And so would over half of AG's already dwindling population. It would basically be the quick route to killing of this site, suicide style.

MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

you mean like runescape, no way that would be really bad, what would you do in it.??? : )

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Ok then leave it as ArmourGames but it is getting quite boring been able to do hardly anything apart from play short meaningless games which appeared on every other site before this one. I'm just trying to come up with ideas that stop it from being Armour Games because there are loads of websites with online games and there is nothing that special about this site. And even if it did die off because of someones idea then you just try again because at least you know you are trying to move on from just being a pathetic library of online games.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Burnley, way to copy someone else for AP. Keep it up and you'll be banned in no time flat!

Anyway, I love MMORPG, but I think there isn't a chance that they will come to AG.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

short meaningless games

Ever played Thing Thing? Age of War? Last Stand? Fancy Pants? These are all long, time consuming games. As for pointless, most games here have more point than MMORPGs. In Thing Thing 4, you have to kill the person who created you. In Last Stand 2, you're attempting to get to an escape boat in 40 days. In Fancy Pants, you have to get, like an ice cream or something, I can't remember. =D Meanwhile, whats the point of an MMORPG? There is no point, at all.

which appeared on every other site before this one

Tons of our games are AG exclusive, and theres lots of designers that put their releases on AG before any website.

stop it from being Armour Games

Why? Everyone else loves ArmorGames, we get more members every day, it's a hugely growing site.

there is nothing that special about this site

Theres a community, points system, unlockables, rankings, and Friends System. Need I say more?

even if it did die off because of someones idea then you just try again

Ah..Hahaha..No. It costs money to maintain a website, and even more to make an MMORPG. No one has the money to just let their website fizzle and go "Oh Hey! I'm kinda bored today, so I'll just make another website that costs thousands of dollars to develop!!"
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Those games aren't that long. I completed Last Stand in under 30 minutes. Longer than others maybe.

You may get others everyday, but I doubt they make a vow to never go on another game site again!

Yes, AG does have some special factors, but all im saying is that you should never create a limit for yourself.

Grey
Grey
281 posts
Nomad

Making an MMORPG takes a really, really long time.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Well, sure you should make limits for yourself! What if Kellogs made Cars? What if Cadbury started selling weapons of mass destruction? What if the next Apple Computer came from a company that actually sold Apples? Everything should set itself to a limited type of thing to make. Otherwise, they'll spread theirselves too thin. AG set a limit, we make Flash Games, and only flash games. Would you rather have an excellent flash game site, or a crappy MMORPG that had a crappy flash game site to go with it?

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I think AG is fine the way it is. It could be bigger but that all must happen over time.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Well, sure you should make limits for yourself! What if Kellogs made Cars? What if Cadbury started selling weapons of mass destruction? What if the next Apple Computer came from a company that actually sold Apples? Everything should set itself to a limited type of thing to make. Otherwise, they'll spread theirselves too thin. AG set a limit, we make Flash Games, and only flash games. Would you rather have an excellent flash game site, or a crappy MMORPG that had a crappy flash game site to go with it?
Quite frankly the examples you used are absurd and can't be compared this situation, don't blow things out of proportion to make yourself look smart, it doesn't work imo. This is more than GAME site its also a large community and puts in much extra features than most flash site, this site has a huge member base. AG deserves a MMORPG, the fact that use the game is retarded because in case you didn't know a mmorpg well qualifies as game.
AG still is a quite young but I can see an mmorpg in development in year or 2.
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Also the community is thriving, not dwindling.

Showing 1-15 of 26