ForumsProgramming ForumMake a Mortal Kombat game!!!

9 4044
HellSpawn
HellSpawn
44 posts
Nomad

Someone make an MK game I can't cause I don't have the equitment on my computer to make an mk game. So sombody make one!

• 9 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Wouldn't there be copywrite infringement involved in that? You can make one with a similar style, but not using actual MK characters.

I'm going to toss this down to the Programming section, too )

HellSpawn
HellSpawn
44 posts
Nomad

no cause theres a game on this site called zelda valetine or somtin, wait did u know i ment flash MK?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Copyright infringements would be a problem. Just cause we have one game with them doesn't make it any less of a problem. Unless you redraw all the guys yourself flash-style. Then it would work.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Plus You'd have to re-name them.

Sub-1 minus 1
Spiderion
Joro! 6-armed god of destruction!

Yah

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

I actually would be more concerned with making the game than worrying about copyrights First of all do you realize how many copyrighted game remakes there have been, all's you have to do is put something like "Flash" before the title name and you're good. Portal the Flash version is the epitome of this.

Aside from that I will say that 2D fighter games are pretty stinking hard to make actually, that is why you don't see them in flash form very often.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Well, they don't mention GlaDOS in Portal: The Flash Version. Portal is just an everyday word, so anyone could use it. But the creators couldn't name GlaDOS because that is a Name made by Valve and it's their right.

More to the point, I'm sure someone could make a MK game, though I think it'd need to be called Mortal Combat, as opposed to Kombat, unless the creator doesn't plan on making any money off of it.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol I don't think the creators are worried about the name GlaDOS. I think they are more worried about someone making profit of their work.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Yah, but I think "GlaDOS" infringement is what would hold up in court.

Besides, the original Valve team didn't come up with the concept. Some people in a college did, and when valve saw it they hired the people and made the game.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I don't think flash MK would be fun anyway.

Showing 1-9 of 9