ForumsWEPRCalifornia Earthquake

48 7997
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Did anyone heard about the earthquake in California in just a couple of hours ago? The meter was around 5.9 or 5.4, no one did get hurt. That was a relief.

• 48 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yea I surely felt it.

My first not even close to major earthquake. And yea it was 5.4.
If 5.4 gave me a good laugh, I wonder what a 10 will do!

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

There was a 5.2 earthquake in central Illinois a few months back. I slept right through it. I remember waking up and seeing some CD's and videogame cases on the ground. And I had like 15 missed calls asking if I was okay. I was really confused until my roommate explained to me what happened.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

The California one was kinda of hard, my dog was barking and barking.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Apparently anything under a 6 is mild.I live in a area where there are no earthquakes so I really don't know, or care much about them.Instead I pay attention to Hurricanes, since they are more prone to hit us.As for what a earthquake with a magnitude of 10 would do.They already made a movie predicting that exact thing.It was called 10.5, and it was based on what would happen if a earthquake with a magnitude of 10.5 was to hit San Francisco.It was pretty interesting, but what they predicted in the movie would happen is that California would be split in to two parts, and half of it would become a huge island.When I say that I mean it would be bigger than Hawaii.My point is a earthquake of that magnitude would change the geography of where ever it happens.Just keep in mind though its just a theory, in a fictional movie based on the fact that the earthquake was caused by them detonating nukes on a fault.(you would have to watch it to understand)

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, California really isn't a earthquake place.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

OH NOES! I hopez teh armor gamez off!ce iz okayz

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

The armor games office is in L.A.?? SS is a silver King again!

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

No it is located in Irving California

South of LA and North of San Diego. Located more towards LA

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Cool. Has anyone ever ben there?

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Animals have that sense that tells them when an earthquake is coming. Listen to your pets!!! They may save your life.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Thats true. We had a F-4 tornado here in the Bootheel in Mo in 06 and my big dog was goin crazy!!!! He ran in the house. We were in the closet and my dog knocked my dad down and hid in the clostet!

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

i went to la it's nice but i have never been in a earthquake

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@Danstana, you were joking right? Cali is the place where the MOST earthquakes occur out of any state in the US.

Anyway, if anyone has heard of the insanely huge tornado that struck Oklahoma, say 7 years ago? It broke the scale in wind speed, and was very deadly. I wasn't home at the time, but my mother was, and she said that both of the cats were a bit crazy. Moewing alot, and just acting abnormal. Animals can sense these things, and can be very helpful if you can notice it.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Well, if there is an earthquake near you, stand under a doorway. I mean open the door and stand under it. That is one of the most sturdy places in your home.

Anyways, I remember the earthquake in Illinois a few months back. It was earlier in the morning and it shook my bed. I live in Michigan too. I am glad I don't live in an earthquake zone. They think these earthquakes may form a giant one in the future. We can only hope it doesn't.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

But the news told us that ,that was just the beginning. They told a bigger one might come.

Showing 1-15 of 48