ForumsWEPRa question for christians

31 5244
quickshift
quickshift
349 posts
Nomad

ok fellow christians im just curious if you think god talks to people in this day an age?

• 31 Replies
subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

Estel I highly doubt that God actually comes down just to tell somebody something. But he might, like zerato and somebody else said, influence us by other people actions and/or signs. He only talked to people personally in the biblical days.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I think the question is, does god come down from heaven and audibly speak to people? To that i would say no.

However the question actually is, does god speak to people...and to that the answer is yes. He speaks through revelations (both general and specific...go pick up R.C. Sproul's Essential Truths of the Christian Faith&quot I get guidance from the lord on a daily basis...sometimes you just got to sit down in peace and quiet and listen.

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

i personaly think he is here, but you just cant see him. heck he could be rite beside me and i cant see him, you just need to believe in him.

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

i truly believe that there is still prophecy in the world today

Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

hahah if you accualy belive THAT you are crasy just like the old people were, or maybe just the bible

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I love people who find facts to back up their arguments in sources that are so obviously biased it's funny. It's like saying "Babe Ruth is the best baseball player ever! In his autobiography, page 12 says 'Babe Ruth is the best baseball player ever.' So obviously it must be true"

"God speaks to people. Look at this book (written by a fundemental relgious activist) it says God talks to people. Everything you read in a book is true." Just in case you can't tell. That's sarcasam.

I'm fine with people believing that God talks to you, but if you are trying to present facts maybe try using sources that aren't so obviously biased and geared specifically towards proving the argument you're attempting to make, Anyone with half a brain will not believe a source that is so obiviously biased.

cycloolephin
cycloolephin
73 posts
Nomad

Well, He isn't here in human form, so obviously He doesn't make quite as much of an impact as He did when He was. But He is still here, and still talking to people through the Bible and through other, smaller things. So yes, God may not SEEM to be talking to us, but He is.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

i don't believe in god!but i do believe in karma,you do bad things then bad things will fall upon you, simple as that.

acetony1
acetony1
48 posts
Peasant

God can do anything. I belive that he can, just it hasnt happend to me yet.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Yea. I think he does.

buddyfive
buddyfive
43 posts
Nomad

god can do anything

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

So can i.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i don't think he talks to anyone. i believe he guides everyone.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

he doesn't talk to us he gives us hints for our next move

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@dizzyk, the source itself isn't biased, just eliminating every other idea based off of what you think is what biased is. And using it because it proves your point is called using proof, but of course it isn't a strong source because anyone could have written that book. Some of the things are actually true and have been proven, but doesn't mean the whole thing is true. And I don't believe you can do anything XP

Showing 16-30 of 31