ForumsThe TavernI wonder?

15 2696
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I was just wondering how many people on here go around on AG trying to become a mod?

KingRyan

• 15 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

A large number suprisingly, if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this:

Silver King []
Golden King []
Become a Mod []

I'd have a bigger nickel, even if I didn't want that nickel, but we don't get to choose the size of nickels we get from these things...although I think my giant coin here would be worth more than 5C, but I can't be sure, as I haven't yet gotten my hands on such a nickel. T^T
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, even though I want to become a mod............I don't try to be one. Plus, the odds of you becoming a mod are very slim.

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

I would like to be a mod but I am not constantly emailing/PMing mod for this position if I am sutable for the job they should contact me anyway I don't really care wether I am a mod or not.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i would hate to be a mod. you have to spend most of your time dealing with peoples problems and cleaning up spam. plus every time a mod deals with these problems someone gets ticked off at them. too much hassle.

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

very valid points there tempo013 but don't you think it would be fun having power! I don't mean abusing it but just having it all at your fingertips!

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

it would be so cool having all that power, but what fun is power without being able to use (or abuse) it? i would probably abuse it and really piss some people off. thats why i couldn't be a mod.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I don't see why everyone wants to become a mod so bad... It is probably not all its cracked up to be.

You would have to go around constantly looking for spam. You would have to make lots of decisions as to what is spam and what isn't. You would have to go tell people on their profiles if they are doing something wrong. You would have to go around and look at all the flagged posts (I am sure there are hundreds a day). You would have to go around and looked at all the posts that are voted up (again, I am sure there are hundreds a day). You would have to deal with all the annoying spammers that are pissed off at you for locking their topic, deleting their post, or banning them. There is probably even more stuff too...

Like I said...I am sure It's not all its cracked up to be...

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

i dont either i just do this for fun it doesnt seem fun to be a mod

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

What do you mean you wonder...

You should pretty much know how many people try to become a mod.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well everyone wants tp be a mod don't they?But some just don't show they do.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i would take the position of mod but i might stop after a week...i barley see their posts yet they have so many...plus the ppl spamming ur page and stuff and u have special responsibilities to live up to and stuff (i think) so i might take it for a week only

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I would love to be a mod, but it is a lot of work, they'd never take me XD

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It would be tough to be a mod, you would always have to be looking at spam, locking threads, looking at flagged and voted up comments, etc. Everyone wants to be a mod but I think it's a lot harder than it looks.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I think that most that want to be mods want to have the position title, without understanding the work and responsibility involved.

Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

I don't try to be a mod I just love to try and help around AG and try and get as much posts as I can!

Showing 1-15 of 15