ForumsProgramming ForumWhere to get/who to talk to to get good sound effects

5 2649
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This is crucial, honestly. For my new game which I plan to be very good I need proper sound effects. Not random site ones. If anyone knows a way for me to get this proper stuff if it's a person or a game site to contact. I need gun sounds and such, high quality, no crap. I tried contacting the Last Stand guy but no answer. Hope you guys can help. Peace

Klaushouse

• 5 Replies
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

I ahve a CD called 600 sound effects that has a lot of sounds, but I don't know any sites. Find one of those flash games that has a link to their sound site. Other tan that I can't help you.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Don't suppose it has lots of different gun sounds and they are good to use commercially?

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Ok, I did a little looking around and I found this:

Soundsnap

I read over the license. It says you can use it commercially in a "Derivative Work" (I read what they meant by this...like a movie, or game), but they can't be sold stand-alone (which I don't think you're going to do).

When your there, look up "machine gun", "shotgun", and "flame thrower." They have good sounds.

Lastly, to make sure everything's okey, I downloaded one and virus scanned it. Nothing! So, I hope you can use this (I'll probably use it in the future).

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Will take a look. Appreciate the effort. I might be resorting to paying large sums of cash to a proper site for sounds. But we'll see!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Well, they seem good.

I also found a rocket launcher. Just look up "Launcher"

Congratulations on your 800th post!!

Showing 1-5 of 5