ForumsThe TavernPoints? What's the Point?

35 5375
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

What is the point in trying to gain Armor Points? Especially when once you've reach a certain goal of yours people just take them away. Who cares about the points? Seems to me like a vicious cycle people go through to prove they belong here. I guess you have to watch your back on this site now. What are your thoughts?

• 35 Replies
MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad

Uhm... I don't really get it.. But you have a point on the AP points..

:P

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Without AP I wouldn't have this armatar!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Not sure what you're talking about as far as watching your back, but you make a good point about AP.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

@kevin, i was just saying that the friends you talk to will stab you in the back by deleting your comments.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I suppose it would depend on what your comments are.

On several occasions Ive recieved comments like "sup" and when you go to respond, you find they've written that same thing to 20 other people.

My most recent was a player who wrote "hw r u". I responded back and his next post to me was "nm". After inspecting his page, he had received several complaints from people he had "hw r u"ed. I deleted his comments, just because they clogged up my page.

What I was not aware of is something you said...
If someone deletes your comments to them, you lose AP?

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think he was referring more to the situation StarScreamer had... After he got gold king, people started deleting him comments so he didn't have gold king anymore.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

exactly, for me gaining AP isn't a big deal because it's just a fun way of keeping track of progress but for some people it's their identity.
they will do any thing to rise in the ranks as fast as possible. i think it's kind of funny how AP affects people. i'm sure if i had thousands of points too i might change but i know that will never happen. maybe some easy fixes would be:

-50 character min. comments/reviews
-1 game rating per 30 minutes
-spamming penalties -1 AP per spam

i don't know i'm just rambling

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

i was just saying that the friends you talk to will stab you in the back by deleting your comments.

Like Starscreamer.
williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

I agree with tempo013. I hate people that try to get AP as quickly as possible by posting nonsense things.
I also feel kind of bad for starscreamer, but I pity all of his "friends" that are really just stalkers and people that want to bask in his glory.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

I really like Free Rider 2 and I make some challenging tough maps that take lots of time and thought to produce. *ADVERTISEMENT ALERT* just check out my profile. lol. Back to me point, there are times where i like to go to FR2 to check out the maps other users have created and posted on the FR2 comments section and they SUCK. i see so many people making maps that are absolute garbage. they probably take 15 seconds to throw some lines down, add a star, and say "can you beat it". they do it just for the AP. That really annoys the hell outta me. that's another thing that should change. there should be a FR2 mod who accepts or declines maps that can be posted on the comments section.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

there should be a FR2 mod who accepts or declines maps that can be posted on the comments section.

Sounds like a lot of work for that mod...
williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Kevin44's right. They would need two or three mods.

williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

How about you talk to an Admin about this, and ask to become the first. If you like FR2 so much, it would be an awesome job for you.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i don't care how many mods it would take. FR2 spammers are the worst.

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

i had spent over 4 hours reaching my goal of the day and then 5 seconds later somehow I lost like 60 points

Showing 1-15 of 35