ForumsSupport ForumArmatar Contest?

23 3772
ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

I think it would be nice to have a weekly(or daily or monthy) contest for all ArmorGames users to come up with an innovative new Armatar that fit in with the current style that Armatars are.

I'm not sure about rewards, but I'm sure armor points aren't too out of line. Maybe something else since armor points are typically used for Armatars, like a special title/color on the forums.

• 23 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

You mean make your own avatar to put in contest, I suppose that could work.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think that this is a good idea. Armor games needs something like this to help keep the site exciting. I personally am not good at drawing or GFX art, but I would love to help judge something like this.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I don't think the artest would mind,but it would need to be approved by the admins,just like every other art tournament.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

That would be good, but a lot of us arent good at this art.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

That would be cool. Another cool armatar contest would be to everyone to vote for their favorite armatar.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

plokkey said: That would be good, but a lot of us arent good at this art.

That may be, but there are some people that are really really good at art. For example Klaushouse, iskaksen, strop, TomasLacerda.... and probably a lot of other people...

Anyway, those of us who aren't good at designing could always judge... Like I said, I would love to help judge something like this.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I like the idea, and maybe we could feature the art on armorwiki as well.I would like to judge something like this.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You have a point.All right then if it were to become an official competition then that will be the case.I would hope that the best would be featured as a new set of armatars.Maybe at around 250 or something.

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

I think it would be a good contest. Mabye some armor points to the winner (like lets say 30).

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

You know, we would have to get a moderator, Or dan mcneely, to talk to the artist/ artists who make the armatars, and if they approve, than its a go.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well, you could just make you're own contest here.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

this is a really good idea, and i don't think you would need armorpoints. I think the award should be your amatar is on armorgames and anyone could use it, so that's why you would need permission from the artist(s) who made the armatars.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

It would be good but I am very bad at art!

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

This would be awesome, if we have our own contest on this thread it would have to be in the art section.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

ya i know

Showing 1-15 of 23