ForumsProgramming Forumwhy, why.....

14 4076
MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

I just made my first really dumb game and now i want to submit it i have the wrong file extension, is this the only way that ag has to submit games, why can't their be different extensions.

• 14 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

you might want to try the programming section for this topic.

MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

sure, sorry dude, i'll post this their.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

no problem,just try to make sure you know where to make a topic before you do so.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Why so many Gold Squires and Wolves? WHY!?!?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Ha ha ManUtd a mod will move this anyway!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Why so many Gold Squires and Wolves? WHY!?!?

its a fox... -.-
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Fox, wolf, same thing. It's like saying a lion isn't a feline.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Whats a feline?

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

To answer the original question you have to make the game in Adobe flash (a .fla file) and then use the publish settings to export your game into a .swf file. Any other file extensions won't work, basically you can't use other game programs other than Adobe Flash to make games for ArmorGames, sorry

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Most websites don't accept anything but an .swf either. It's just normal practice. Having another extension is like bringing a tennis ball to a soccer game.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

This is a flash game website...with flash games...that will accept only...wait for it...FLASH GAMES!!

It probably has something to do with whatever driver this site uses to display its games.

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

So do we submit the .SWF file or the .FLA file? I've been confused about this too.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

You submit the .swf file, I'm sure. If not, maybe an .html

I know it isn't the FLA file...read through this and it mentions it (along with an uber-awesome sponsorship policy)

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

On another note, I just read through that, and how would you apply for sponsorship? Do you just submit and they email/mail you something? Or is there a special form?

Showing 1-14 of 14